Legal questions on Property Law

Confusion on TDS on sale deed

Hello, I am purchasing a property from a NRI for which he has not yet taken posession. In that assignment agreement was done by the builder mentioning X amount paid by the seller (Assignor) to builder and 1.X (Y) amount paid the buyer to seller. So 0.1X (P) is profit (assignment charge) of seller. Seller has paid TDS on our. 8X (Z) (considering 0.2X is GST, Club house and other charges). ...

Builder not cooperating and providing correct demand for possession

I have booked a flat in Ghaziabad in Dec 2014 and the possession was expected in Dec 2017 as per the agreement. Now, I am in the USA and back then I was in India. I received a demand from the builder for flooring work and other money for possession. However, the demand letter mentions interest on an amount which I have already paid. I have tried contacting builder's point of contact but he d...

Refund of Booked flat Rera registered project

Respected sir i booked a flat in September 2018 in a newly started rera project G + 21 bldg n was told completion of project 2019 dec as per Rera.I was given allotment letter mentioning flat no ,along with Receipt of payment as i have given 3 cheques of 10 lakh each total cost of flat was 70 lakhs plus Gst ,stampduty registration n other charges n i told them if possible ill do a part payment i...

Flat purchaser delay of payment

I signed a sale agreement with a flat purchaser on 22-October-18 which has following clauses - - balance sale consideration of 4275000 shall be paid by purchaser within 2 months from date of agreement of sale - vendors shall execute the sale deed without demanding excess sale price other than above sale consideration - notwithstanding anything constained herein, in event of breach of ...

Given 5 lac advance for property and now dealer is refusing to give property as well as money

I gave 5lac advance (2.5 cash and 2.5 through cheque) to dealer for a property(plot) which have power of attorney in ayanagar, Delhi. The full deal is of Rs.25 lac. Now he is refusing to give property and for money he keep saying us next month next month. He's not totally denying that will not refund the money but is giving time every month. Now it's almost one year he has not returned our mo...

Cancellation agreement

Dear sirs I booked a flat in a multi storied apartment complex by paying earnest deposit of 1lakh in November,2017. Thereafter I paid 10% of flat cost, close to 5lakhs which includes 1lakh which already paid. We were supposed to sign agreement of sale during January 2018, but the doc was entirely biased towards the builder. We tried negotiating with the builder concerning clauses such as quant...

Sale of jointly owned under construction propety

Dear Sir, I invested in a flat in 2014, the payment was construction based. The sale deed agreement on my name only. I kept paying the installments at regular intervals until 80 % construction was over in Dec 2017 (and 80 %Payment was done ) Thenafter, I decided to add my father, mother, brother and sister as joint applicants. Next month ( Jan 2019) , the remaining 20% payment is due w...

How to get my land resurveyed if there is a boundary disputebetween neigborhood

I have 1.75 acres of square land. There is a conflict with the boundaries shared with neighborhood at all 3 sides. 4th side is road. Also,this is the existing scenario similar to the legal documents i have. But the village officer says according to their survey document my plot doesnt have road side and the plot area is marked in middle surrounding all other 3 parties plots. Similar problems ar...

Landlord not providing rent recipt

My uncle and his family lives in a rented house. He is staying in the same house since last 50 years. It's an old house, and the rent is cheap. There is no rental agreement as 50 years ago nobody cared about rental agreement. All the utility bills, voter id card, aadhar card, and ration card has the rented house address. My uncle pays the rent on time and gets the receipt from the landlord, but...

Right to Property - Ancestral or Acquired

Sir/Madam, History in brief: 1. Father's mother bought land in 1950. 2. She passed away in 1970 and divided said land 50-50 between 2 sons (one of them being my father). 3. Father sold his share of land in 1980 and made 1 building. Then sold this building and made 2 apartments. 4. One apt he sold and funded purchase of another apt for my brother in 1986. The second apt he lived in and d...