• Notice period money

I gave 30 days notice period to my company and they asked me to leave on same day. Am I entitled to receive notice period money? As they dont want me to serve notice period
Asked 2 years ago in Labour from Gurgaon, Haryana

If the T & C of your appointment says so.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
1874 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

this is basically governed by your terms and conditions in the offer letter when you joined the company. if in the terms and conditions it is mentioned that the notice period can be waived off without any payment then you are not entitled for any money. else you may make a representation as per the terms and conditions mentioned in the offer letter and claim the money.

Shaveta Sanghi
903 Answers
104 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This depends on terms of appointment letter. I don`t think on your instance to resign, company bound to pay you notice period, this happens when company terminates without letting serve notice period.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
18502 Answers
22 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

If you are serving any less than 30 days of notice period, the days you are not working are adjusted with your salary amount. Depends on the agreement between you and the employer. Usually there will be notice period of 1 month, 2 months, and or 3 months. During notice period employee will be busy searching new job.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
15553 Answers
7 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

The appointment is governed by the employment terms and the appointment and offer letter . The condition has to be studies further in case you have tendered resignation essentially company can waive of the period and not bound to pay salary.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
24320 Answers
96 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You'll be entitled to a month's salary in lieu of the notice period, if its Stipulated in your joining agreement which you had sogned during joining of the company.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5446 Answers
61 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No you are not entitled for the same.

Allowing you to serve or not serve the notion period is their discretion.

Had they been terminating you then only you would have been liable for the salary of notice period.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17614 Answers
288 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It entirely depends upon the contract that you have signed with the company. However, it is rare that in such cases the notice period money is not stipulated in the money. But nonetheless, it would be just a guess to say so. The Contract is the cradle of all obligations of the company against you.

V Ranjan
Advocate, Delhi
62 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

You claim your notice period salary from the company and in case the you're not be just file FIR in the police station against the HR managers

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6380 Answers
20 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Yes. You are entitled to in normal conditions but if your employment agreement states otherwise then you are not entitled to.

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
897 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

Yes you are entitled to the notice period amount if the terms and conditions of employment.agreement mentions that both party should serve notice of period of one month. If there Is clause to that effect you can surely claim the salary for the period of 30 days.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1863 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is at discretion of company to waive notice period

You would not be paid any salary for one month

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
74542 Answers
4458 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes, you are entitled to salary in lieu of this notice period.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
8957 Answers
154 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You will be able to receive notice period salary if you have given notice in proper way.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
665 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

1) If you have given resignation and accepted by company than company may has released you on same day, so you can't ask for to serve notice period.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
9687 Answers
80 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. If there is a clause of notice period in the appointment order on either side, then you are entitled to salary for 30 days, in view of unilateral decision of the employer in not letting you to serve the mandatory notice period.

2. Claim for the notice period salary from the employer and if the employer refuses to pay your legitimate due, send a legal notice for the same.

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
2632 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Do you have in writing the communication from the company through which you were asked to leave on the same day?

2. You gave the notice to the employer about your intention to leave the company. It is the discretion of the employer to allow you to serve the notice period or waive it altogether. If it chooses to wave it altogether then you are not entitled to notice period pay as notice of resignation was given by you and not the bank coupled with the bank not taking your services for the notice period. Hence, you are not entitled to notice period pay, albeit you are entitled to full and final settlement for the services rendered by you.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
28664 Answers
835 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have given 30 days notice period and not able to serve the company during notice period,, it is you who has got to pay money in lieu of the notice period.

If company has not demanded the money in lie of notice period, why do you bother about it, if you claim any money from them it will backfire and you may be required to pay that amount, think it over.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
64509 Answers
835 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes if they want you to serve you are entitled

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
18639 Answers
34 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer