• Employee taken the money from company customer and run away

Employee was working as payment collection agent for us from last three month. Suddenly on 7 September he collected 59K and ran away and threatening that he is local and not to mess up with him. How to recover the amount ??
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

20 Answers

File police complaint against employee for cheating ,criminal breach of trust

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
91361 Answers
6829 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File an F.I.R with Jurisdictional Police for theft and criminal breach of trust under s.405 of I.P.C. If the police refuses to file an F.I.R, submit a private complaint to magistrate under s.200 of CrPC who will order police to investigate and file charge sheet.

Jamal Sait
Advocate, Bangalore
168 Answers
2 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. This is a pure case of cheating and /or criminal breach of trust.

2. So the remedy is to lodge a complaint with local Police so it register a FIR u/s 420,406 of IPC.

3. Once that is done then police can go and arrest the person and the arrested person in a an attempt to get released on bail may be forced to return your money unless the Police on raid has already recovered the money.

4. So without delay visit the nearest police station.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22526 Answers
439 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) Make police complaints against him under section 420 of IPC, Robbery, threatening etc. And same can continue wirh legal case if the matter is not sorted out in the police station.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12745 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Immediately file a complaint of criminal breach of trust under Section 406 IPC, theft under Section 379 IPC and criminal intimidation under Section 506 IPC against him in the nearest police station.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

file a cheating case in your local PS

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19291 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Dear Client

Go to the PS and lodge a FIR against him for criminal breach of trust, misappropriation etc and get him arrested. Most probably your amt would be recovered by this step only.

Adv Vikas

Vikas Khatri
Advocate, Delhi
178 Answers

Not rated

Firslty, as it has been mentioned in your query that he has been working for you from last three months.

Secondly, so, as he has taken money form the customer of yours, giving it to an impression that he has taken company’s money.

Thirdly, you should file a case for cheating as well for the theft against him, and let him go before the bar.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5468 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Register FIR under section 406 and 420 under IPC in your nearest Police Station.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
929 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0


File a FIR against him for cheating and fraud in the nearest police station.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
18043 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

You can lodge complaint with police if police do not co operate then file a private complaint. You have another option of filing a civil suit for recovery of amount. If you have any Service Bond then you can get the amount.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6128 Answers
436 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Sir file a police case on the employee for the theft and taking away the companies money he shall be arrested for the offence.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25514 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


lodge an FIR immediately against him and his accomplices, if any. if the police refuse to lodge the FIR, then file a complaint before a magistrate.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13998 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. It is the crime of theft. So, I suggest you to file police complaint against him.

2. You may issue legal notice to recover the payment.

Advocate, Bangalore
844 Answers
9 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

File Police complain u/s 420 , 406 IPC

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21807 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


You are suggested to file criminal cases against him at your local police station.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

File NC in police station for theft of money and cheating.

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
1021 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

Yes, you have to give police complaint in your jurisdictional police station immediately and they will help and enquired for the same and get relief. All the best.

C. V. Jadhav
Advocate, Bangalore
545 Answers
18 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

You can lodge a criminal complaint against him with the local police for cheating and breach of trust including the threats he posed.

Besides you can file a money recovery suit against him on the basis of evidence in your possession.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
81541 Answers
1838 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Immediately file an FIR in the concern police station.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
2283 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer