How to get a marriage certificate from India if we are abroad?
We got married 14 years ago in a small town near Ranchi and got a court affidavit of our marriage. Then we moved to Bangalore. Now, we need a marriage certificate for immigration. We both are currently in abroad. We have evidence such as wedding invitation card, marriage picture and court affidavit. Is it possible to get a certificate without us being present? If yes, what is the process & what other documents are required? And can it be done in any state or it has to be the place of marriage or residence?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Cout affidavit of marriage is not a valid document of marriage.
You have to come in person and sign the forms to apply and get marriage certificate for which both of your presence is required.
However due to an order passed by Delhi High Court registration of marriage is possible by video conferencing but that is an exception than a rule.
If you could show proof of residence in Bangalore you can apply for Marriage Certificate from there also. Meet a local Marriage registrar soon.
You must register your marriage in the place it was solemnised or where brides house.you must produce your invitation joint photo id proofs and two witnesses to sign.you must give an application to the register your marriage in the corporation or muncipality or panchayat. Get a marriage certificate from the place it was solemnised or get a notarised affidavit for proof of your marriage and submit it along with the application
YOU HAVE PERSONALLY PRESENT AT REGISTRAR OFFICE . FILL THE FORM & RESIDENCE PROOF IT WILL REGISTERED& YOU WILL GET CERTIFICATE OF SAME
Advocate, Greater Noida
1) you have to come to india with your spouse fill in the forms and append your signatures . the wedding invitation card , certificate from pandit who performed the marriage have to be attached to your application .
2) Document To Be Attached :
Bride & Bridegroom Age Proof: Leaving Certificate OR Passport OR Birth Certificate R Domicile Certificate OR PAN Card
Bride & Bridegroom Residential Proof : Ration Card OR Passport OR Election Card OR Light Bill And Telephone Bill Of Own Name.
Three (3)Witness Proof :- Ration Card OR Passport OR Election Card OR Driving Licence OR Govt. Identity Card.
In Case Of Non Availability Of Wedding Card Rs 100=00 Stamp Paper Affidavit Of Both Husband Wife And Three Witnesses Is Required
Rs. 100=00/- Court Fee Stamp
Photographs Of Both Bridegroom / Bride
3) registration of marriage can be done at place wherein wedding was solemnised or wherein parties have resided after marriage
Hi, you have to personally present before the sub-register and you have to register your marriage, without your presence marriage can't be register.
both of you will have to come to india and visit marriage registrar office from where you can get MC on filing of necessary forms with documents.
Advocate, New Delhi
1. For getting the marriage certificate you shall have to register your marriage,
2. You can register your marriage at the place where the marriage was solemnised or where both of you lived together after marriage,
3. You both shall have to be present before the Registrar for filling up application form duly submitting evidence of your marriage viz., invitation card, marriage photographs etc.
personal appearance is mandatory.
both of you should be present at the time of registration along with three witness.
Advocate, New Delhi
You both need to be present in person in order to apply for Marriage Certificate along with relevant document.You can apply either before the Sub Registrar of marriages at Municipal office where you got married or in Bangalore where you resided soon after the marriage.
Someone else cal collect the certificate on your behalf once you have applied as it will take sometime before it is issued.
1. Was the marriage registered? If no, then you have to first register your marriage in India, thereafter you can obtain a copy of the marriage registration certificate.
2. To apply for registration of marriage you are required to fill up the application for marriage registration and annex a few photographs of marriage, invitation card and also a certificate from the priest who performed the marriage. The proof of age of birth such as birth certificate/matriculation certificate and also the address proof will also have to be submitted. The necessary court fee will also have to be furnished.
3. Your personal presence in India is indispensable in as much as applying for marriage registration is concerned.
There is no provision in registration act towards registering of marriage before marriage registrar, in the absence of parties. It is required by the law that both parties to the marriage present before marriage registrar with at least 2 witnesses, adduce affidavit in support of marriage document and sign all document before the Registrar. At the time of registration a pair photograph is taken by the registrar and that pic is printed on the marriage certificate.
This procedure can't be followed without being present before the Registrar.
to register your marriage both of you to be present before registrar with joint photos marriage invitation card,address proof,dob proof and both need to sign before registrar witnesses from both sides are also needed.