• Love marriage

My gf and I are willing to get married anyhow..I am 25 and she is 24...Her parents are not ready to accept our relation since we are from a different caste..We stay in Panvel, Navi Mumbai..Can You let me know the procedures of court marriage or any other legal form of marriage?..We dont want our parents to know about it coz dat way we will never be able to live together..Can anyone help?..
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Panvel, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu

1. contact office of marriage registrar of ur zone and u will get all information about court marriage. normally it takes 2 months for it.

2. u can also go for marriage in arya samaj mandir which can be done in one day only.

R.K. Nanda
Advocate, New Delhi
457 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

There is no Court Marriage in India,registered marriage are publicly called as Court Marriage.You can marry and register your marriage under Special Marriage Act,no need of consent of your parent.You can contact with a local Marriage Officer ,who can guide you properly.

Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
408 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

The most quickest way to get married is to get your marriage done in any arya samaj mandir. Contact any near by arya samaj mandir and they will tell you what all you need. Make sure you get that marriage recorded via video recordings and photography. your parents need not be there for your arya samaj wedding.

the other mode is to file your papers in the Court which usually takes a month to give you a date for registering your marriage. for getting your marriage done through court procedure, check your area municipal corporation website and you will find all the information on it.

Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
899 Answers
71 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You both are qualified for marriage.you can get married in Arya Samaj Mandir and thereafter get the same registered with the office of registrar of Marriages of your district.

S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0


There should not be subsisting valid marriage of either of the parties with any other person.

The bridegroom should be of twenty-one (21) years and bride should be of eighteen (18) years of age.

The parties should not be of unsoundness of mind of such a nature as to be unable to give valid consent for the marriage, or suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and procreation of children, or has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity.

The parties should not fall within the degree of prohibited relationship.


The parties have to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given.

The notice is then published/put-up by the Registrar of Marriage inviting objections, if any.

After the expiration of 30 days from the date on which notice of intended marriage has been published, the marriage may be solemnized unless it has been objected by any person.

The marriage may be solemnized at the specified Marriage Office.

Both parties along with three witnesses are required to be present on the date of registration/Solemnization.


Application form in the prescribed format with the prescribed fee

Passport Size Photographs of Marrying Persons

Residential Proof of Marrying Persons.

Date of Birth Proof of Marrying Persons.

Residential Proof and PAN Card of Three Witnesses

Death certificate or divorce decree whichever is applicable, in case one of the parties had any marriages in the past.

2) you can also visit the nearest Arya Samaj for getting married .

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
55701 Answers
3358 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can marry before a marriage registrar with due process of law,

2. For the said type of marriage, you shall have to submit application giving your valid residential address,

3. The registrar will issue notice giving one month's time before registering your marriage,

4. You shall require two valid witnesses to sign the marriage register as witnesses of your registration of marriage,

5. If you do not have seperate address other than your parental address where you do not want tyhe notices to reach and also if you find yourself incapable to find a new residential address with valid tenancy proof, you can get married at Arya Samaj Temple and collect a marriage certificate from them,

6. lateron you can get your marriage registered before Court withthe help of the said marriage certificate received from A.S. Temple.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
20925 Answers
525 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Registered/Court marriage as you call it is solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 all such marriages can take place between any two Indian citizens as well one Indian citizen with a foreigner irrespective of their religion, caste or creed, and you can say this is the secular form of marriage available in our country.

2. Such a marriage is solemnized before the marriage officer/registrar usually D.C. deputy commissioner of the area /SDM where both or any of the parties to such a marriage reside permanently or for at least one month. Cost of such a marriage is the rate prevalent in your area.

3. Now how you proceed? Both the parties to the marriage have to file a joint application before the marriage officer along with individual affidavit attested by notary public specifying the age, place of residence, marital status(unmarried or divorcee as the case maybe) mental status(not idiot or not with unfit mind), etc. Along with this you have to give proof of age (School certificate, Passport, Pan card), proof of residence (Passport, ration card, voters ID card, rent agreement), & the application/notice of such a marriage maybe asked to be witnessed by 3 independent adult persons, affix one photograph of each of the parties & all the 3 witnesses.

4. On receiving such an application/notice the marriage officer issues a month notice regarding the intended marriage & get such a notice affixed on the notice board out side his office, a copy of such notice is sent to the marriage officer under whose jurisdiction the other party lives, also a copy is to the individual parties address. After expiry of the period of notice a date is fixed on which all the persons parties to the marriage & 3 witnesses appear again before the marriage officer who declare them married & issue a certificate to this regard.

5. If you do not have a separate residence then it is advisable to take on rent an accommodation. The rent agreement can be given as proof of residence.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24834 Answers
699 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist

Both of you are major and nobody can restraint to marry with each other if both of you are ready. Contact sub registear office with id and address proof along with a date of birth certificate or pan card. Passport or high school mark sheet with 4 passport size photograph.

Fill the form and wait till one month after one month you and your gf will have to be appear before sub registrar with thrre witnesses and the marriage will be solemnized accordongly and regisrar will issue a marriage certificate to both of you

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
5076 Answers
240 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. you should perform your marriage under The Special Marriage Act, 1954 .

2. Inter-caste marriages are performed under this Act.

3. The marriage performed under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 is a civil contract and accordingly, there need be no rites or ceremonial requirements.

4. The parties have to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than thirty days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given.

5. After the expiration of thirty days from the date on which notice of an intended marriage has been published, the marriage may be solemnized, unless it has been objected to by any person.

6. Marriage is not binding on the parties unless each party states in the presence of the Marriage Officer and three witnesses.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5075 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


You are advised to contact with the registrar of marriages. On the receipt of the required application with id proor the registrar will publish the notice of objections and after comletion of notice period the marriage will be registered.

Mohammad Khaleel Ahmed
Advocate, Hyderabad
184 Answers
1 Consultation

4.5 on 5.0

The same situation would prevail in Indian society till each and every Hindu ignores their caste to pronounce in public.

Both of you better get your marriage registered in concerned sub registrar office which would be registrar of marriage in this regard.

Thanking you,

Subash M R
Advocate, Bangalore
176 Answers
8 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer