• Clarity regarding marriage to a foreign national

I am an Officer in State Bank of India. My fiancee is an American citizen. I have two questions :
1) Do I need to seek prior permission from the Bank before marrying a foreign national ?
2) Will my wife be entitled to all the benefits that the spouse of an Officer in the said Bank gets?
Asked 8 months ago in Family Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
1. Yes, you shall have to tale approval from the appropriate authority of your PSU Bank for marrying a foreign national,

2. After getting Indian Nationality, your wife will get all the facilities those are enjoyed by the spouses of other Officers of your PSU Bank. 
1) Your wife will be entitled to the benefits spouse of officer of the bank gets 

2) it is better you intimate your superiors that you are marrying a foreign national 
1. No.
2. As your legally wedded wife she will be entitled to all the legal rights which are made available to a married woman under the Indian law. 
No need to take a permission to marry a foreign national. Registration of marriage is a mode of proof of marriage.You have to register your marriage under provisions of Special Marriage Act of 1954.Generally it is required to file a notice of intended marriage with a Marriage Registrar of your choice in India. That notice is required to be published for the stipulated 30 days. At the end of the 30 days the Marriage Registrar is free to perform the marriage.

After the marriage she is the legally wedded wife ,so she can enjoy the benefit hat the spouse of an Officer in the said Bank gets.

Benefits of registration of marriage   

1.	No foreign embassy or consulate grants visa to a spouse without proof in the form a marriage certificate.
2.	In cases of divorce, legal separation, alimony, or custody of children, courts may insist on seeing the marriage certificate.
3.	It is an evidence in case of a second marriage.
4.	It is useful for reasons of succession to property.
Hi, You can free to marry any one who you want and you need not take prior permission form the Bank.

2. Once you married to her she will get all the benefits.
You are free to marry a national of any country. No permission from your bank is required. However marriage with a foreign national has a seperate procedure and i presume you are aware of these procedures. Your spouse will be entitled to all benefits that are outlined in the terms of your employment subject to you making necessary changes in your marital status, PF, gratuity, medical, life insurance records declaring your wife as your nominee. 
Hope this helps
 No. There is no restriction as to seek permission as per the service manual.It is advisable  to inform your bank about your marriage with a foreign national  for all practical purposes.
2. wife shall be eligible for the benefits like in any other employee's case, provided your marriage is under provisions of law since the lady is a foreign national.
Though the marriage can be performed under foreign marriages act, 1969, the provisions of special marriages act shall apply to this type of marriage, i.e., for the marriage between an Indian and a foreigner.

As you are bound by the staff regulations of teh State Bank of India, you may have to abide by the rules of the bank in this regard. The rule in this regard is:  An officer employee who has married or marries a person other than of Indian Nationality shall forthwith intimate the fact to the Bank. 

After being permitted to marry the foreign national, she shall be your legally wedded wife and she is entitled to all the applicable benefits, which is described under the definition for family:
“Family” Means- 
In the case of male officer employee, his wife whether residing with him or not, but does not include a legally  separated wife and in the case of woman officer employee, her husband whether residing with her or not, but  does not include a legally separated husband.