• Defective Tata car

Sir i have purchase a tata indigo car on 27/08/15 but it has a manufacturing defect.i surrender my car and refund my money.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
if it is a new car then it will be under service warranty, get the defect rectified removed without paying a singly rupee, if they are unable to rectify the defect then you can file a consumer complaint and get them to rectify the defect or alternatively to replace the car, failing to do both you can seek complete refund together with interest and damages.
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
998 Answers
89 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) if the car has manufacturing effect draw attention of manufacture to said defect 

2) the manufacturer would rectify the defect as car is within warranty period 

3) if the defec cannot be rectified seek refund of your money 

4) move consumer forum against manufacturer of it fails to refund your money 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45573 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Send letter to the dealer under copy to the Company asking them to replace/repair the car immediately,

2. If they refuse to act, file a complaint case before your local District Consumer Dispute Redressal forum alleging deficiency in service and unfair business practice claiming immediate replacement of he car or refund of the money you hve paid to buy the car with interest, damage and cost,

3. It is a good case to win,

4. Engage a local lawyer having expertise in dealing with consumer cases.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18510 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The carwas purchased very recently hence the warranty period will be available.  You can approach the showroom and get the defect replaced with good item, if they refuse to do so, you can file a consumer case before the jurisdictional consumer forum seeking compensation for the deficiency of services and deficient product. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35750 Answers
388 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Very nice it is good without fighting you get your money back
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Subject to the intensity of the defect - you can aske for replacement of the car from the showroom you have purchased the car, or else you can send a legal notice to Tata Motors and the Showroom from where the car has been bought. Generally manufacturing defects are covered under the warranty and the product can be replaced. 
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1017 Answers
34 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

What is your grievance? If the company has refused to refund the money then move to consumer forum for refund and compensation.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. Issue a legal notice to the Seller or dealer by mentioning that you have delivered defective goods and seek replace the goods.

B. If no reply from the dealer, you can approach the Consumer Forum under the defective goods and deficiency in the service. Moreover, you claim damages for the mental agony.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
833 Answers
56 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi sir/madam, you should return it and to get back your money. If the company has failed to do so, you have to issued a legal notice for the same, and thereafter you have to move the case before consumer forum.
C. V. Jadhav
Advocate, Bangalore
381 Answers
15 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer