• Domestic abuse

is there any law against emotional abuse against wards by guardians ? does it take legal action against it ? what do you describe as emotional abuse ? is court responsible to remove guardian as per minor decision if guardian seems hostile towards them ?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Religion: Hindu
kindly explain detail about your problem  for proper advice
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

If the guardin is against the welfare of the minir then guardian can he removed from guardian ship. 
If there is any illegally act done by guardian then can be prosecuted. 
Feel free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4793 Answers
219 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

your query is not clear. plz explain your problem in detail. feel free to call
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

To advise properly you have to first reply the questions below-
1. Nature of emotional abuse,
2. Relationship between the guardian and wards
3. Any other relevant background facts worth mentioning.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12511 Answers
160 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The Guardian is appointed to look after the welfare of the ward by providing him with immunisation and nutrition, ensuring that he has a chance to join formal school, protect the child from exploitation & child labour etc.. If the guardian acts opposite to these things, then he can be prosecuted and removed.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1617 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your query is silent as to the nature of emotional abuse. The expression 'emotional abuse' has many facets to it. 'Emotional abuse', unless it destabilises the mental equilibrium of the victim and causes him to suffer in terms of health, is not legally punishable.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

please explain in detail about your query to answer properly.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

as advised by experts you should mention detailed facts of your case . you have not mentioned nature of emotional abuse suffered by the ward . if guardian acts against the interest of ward he can be removed
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44232 Answers
2565 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 if the guardian is legally appointed by a court or due to any order passed in a divorce or custody matter, yes the guardian can file an application in the court (any court of his area jurisdiction) to reverse it or for proper relief. In case you are talking about a minor who is under the guardian ship by understanding between the parties , approach your police station and ask for help. As all experts said your question is not clear whether your guardian is your own parent or any relative or any other person appointed by the court . The age of minor is also very important to assess the seriousness of the situation. Abuse any sorts, emotional, mental physical or sexual  should not be tolerated and strict legal actions can be initiated. Before law the welfare of the ward is important so any time on a complaint if a court feels this is breached the guardian can be removed or replaced.So you should talk to someone who can help you .
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1510 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer