- As per Supreme Court judgment, wife is expected to move in with the relatives of their husbands, follow the rules and customs of their home, and ideally, blend in seamlessly as a new daughter.
- Further, the court granted divorce to a man on the grounds of “cruelty” after his wife refused to share a home with her in-laws.
- Further, If wife is not supporting her husband for the enjoyment of life and denying relation, then the husband can get divorce after filing a divorce petition before the court on this ground.
Further, As per Delhi High Court, physical intimacy is an essential aspect of marriage and a wife's continuous refusal to have such relationship with her husband can be a ground for divorce,
- Further, under section 12(1)(a) of Hindu Marriage Act, non consummation of marriage is a ground of divorce and annulment of marriage .
- Further , as per Section 25 of Special marriage Act, any marriage solemnized under this Act shall be voidable and may be annulled by a decree of nullity if:
(i) the marriage has not been consummated owing to the wilful refusal of the respondent to consummate the marriage,
- Hence, your marriage can be declared as null and void by the court on this ground , so file a petition directly in the court.
- Since the marriage is not consummated , then she cannot claim maintenance from you