• I want divorce but wife doesn't

i did marriage before 1 year. my wife's behavior was not acceptable from the very 1st day. now she left my home before 1 month. i talked to her and told her that i need divorce from her. then she replied that she will never give me divorce.
now i am planning to file divorce against her. can it is possible to get divorce if wife dnt want to give divorce?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Dont be in hurry to file for divorce . visit a marriage counselor to resolve your differences . if you file for divorce and your wife is not agreeable then contested  divorce may take years to be disposed of
Yes,you can file a Divorce Suit on contest after one year of separation,so you have to wait another 11 months for filing of suit.
contesting divorce is long battle which takes time and money,better try for mutual divorce which can be completed with in 2 years
First of all do not worry,kindly keep in mind that every problem has a solution.do not excercise your mind on event which is yet to take place,also keep in mind if they something which they are saying you can not stopped them from doing,just relax and take the issue when it comes up
If you want divorce and your wife is not willing to give it to you then file a case for divorce on the ground of matrimonial cruelty and prosecute it with all due diligence. This is all I can suggest.
your wife is 3 months pregnant . your objective should be to save marriage . if your wife does not get along with your mother and other family members stay separate in rented  flat for some time . if situation dosent improve then only file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty .

you should also visit you in laws place   without prior intimation . if your wife is staying there you will be able  to meet her . convince her that for  sake of  unborn child marriage should be saved . once she is convinced about your bona fide intentions she will have change  of heart
agree with Mr. Sethi
Hi, you have to file divorce on the ground of cruelty or any other ground and if you not able to prove the case then it is difficult to get divorce and consent of wife is always must.
first you should file petition under section 9 of HMA, if still she is not coming back to live with you can file divorce on same ground