• Evict my tenant

I rented out my building ground floor for school(upto 5th class). I did not write terms and conditions while writing the agreement. Now I want to evict him. How much time it would take to evict him.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

5 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

17 Answers

Is there any clause of termination of agreement?

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5930 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) what are clauses in your agreement /

2) period yo have rented out premises

3) issue legal notice for eviction

4) if he fails to vacate file eviction suit

5) it may take 10 years

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87947 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, it is advisable to issue them a legal notice for eviction within 30 days .. If they fail to comply with notice you can file a civil suit for eviction in court ...

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4619 Answers
67 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Firstly give him two months notice period to evict the premises. Though it was mistake you did not write terms and conditions if he refuses to vacate premises after notice period file a suit for eviction along with rent and interest therein. If you file a case it may take four to five years to evict but you will be entitled to rent till disposal of suit.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


give him a legal notice stating that you need the portion for your personal use and therefore he should vacate the premises. if he does not respond, file a criminal trespass case against him.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13760 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to give one month eviction notice to evict the premises. further in absence of the condition of agreement you have to give reason of eviction such bone fide personal use or the tenant not paying rent,

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

In the absence of written agreement, every lease of immovable property for any purpose shall be deemed to be a lease from month to month, terminable, on the part of either lessor or lessee, by fifteen days' notice expiring with the end of a month of the tenancy.

Send legal notice and if not vacated the premises, file eviction suit. Suit takes times at least a year.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


You did not mention important clause in agreement, if tenant has no issue with this

and don't want to raise this issue then it's well and good.

Then give him appropriate time to settle down another place and give him 1 month notice for eviction.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


Give them a notice to quit. If they dont comply file a case for eviction of the tenant.


Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2941 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You have to file a case for Recovery rent recovery and Eviction for evicting him. It depends on the court deciding the case. It may take at least 1- 2 years.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
926 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

a suit for eviction will have to be filed with an appropriate civil court of jurisdiction. Once the suit has been filed, the tenant will be notified by the court.

landlord can seek eviction for the following bonafide reasons

The landlord needs the premises for her/his own occupation or for occupation of her/his family members.

A genuine need of the property for performing certain repairs that cannot be performed unless the premises are cleared. The tenant will have the right to enter the premises once the repairs are done.

The premises are to be demolished for construction of another building.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Send him legal notice for eviction.

And if he still does not vacate then file eviction suit in rent control tribunal.

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
1022 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

It's Simple you have to just sent him and eviction notice as you don't have any long term lease and suggest them to vacate the property in a given period of time as we need to property used by yourself

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

It depends upon the circumstances of the case

Konda Srinivas
Advocate, Hyderabad
211 Answers
2 Consultations

Not rated

If you go to the court then you cannot bind the proceedings in a limit because if there is satisfactory reasons to condone the delay then generally courts allowed the application so try to resolve the matter amicably.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
2283 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You give a notice to them to vacate the premises by allowing them reasonable time to relocate elsewhere.

If there is no agreement to this effect you may judiciously allow time for vacating the premises.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78104 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If the terms and conditions are not mentioned in the agreement then what else is written in the agreement?

2. If the rent agreement has been written then a petition for his eviction has to be filed before the Rent Controller, else a suit for recovery of possession has to be filed in the civil court,

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer