• Blackmailing boyfriend

Hi.. Am married women.. Due to dowry things I have applied for divorce 4years back.. Still case is running in the court.. But when am working I believed one person is a good friend and later he proposed me I told him once I get divorce will take further step like that.. He agreed for that but after sometime he started looking either way so starting avoiding and left that job and joined some other company.. Since same field he came to know current working company also.. Now he is again back of me saying I will die without u.. Keep disturbing.. I told him me cancelled divorce and started living husband expecting kid also like that but again after two months he found my company SIM started threatening I will die.. I want u like that.. Kindly suggest me
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

18 Answers

You should approach to Police Department to register the FIR against your Boyfriend who has been attempted repeatedly to contact you to foster personal interaction despite your clear indication of disinterest and threatening and blackmailing to you. As it is an cognizable offence punishable under section 354 D, 506 and 509 of IPC .

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

See if your husband gets to know of all this and as you state you applied for divorce few years ago and all settled now for good. If your husband gets to know he will charge you on adultery grounds. Best is write intimation letter to police and no action to be taken letter be sent for your safety. Tell him give sometime to think and keep him waiting and phase him out slowly

Aveek Bose
Advocate, Kolkata
1222 Answers
9 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

You can call 1090 or ladies police station as per your convenience to get help in this regard.

This is the best and sefest way.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Mam give a police.complaint on the person fir intimidation . The police shall take steps against the boy and register FIR.

You don't have to bend down to such threats you directly complaint and report number.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You express him in clear words that you are no longer willing to go with him and further file informatory applications regarding his bahavior to police authorities.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1) You can make complaint against him in the local police station plus asked husband to file case against him under sections. In fact IPC section 354A, 354B, 354C, 354D, deal with sexual harassment, disrobing, stalking and voyeurism, and clearly state a man being the perpetrator, and the woman being the victim.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Block his calls

2) block him on face book

3) if he harasses you file police complaint of stalking under section 354 D of IPC

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87932 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should file a police complaint against the boy for the offence of stalking under section 354 D of the IPC.

Whoever monitors the use by a person of the internet, email or any other form of electronic communication that results in a fear of violence, or interferes with the mental peace of such person, commits the offence of stalking.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5928 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Here you did not mention which kind of relationship you had with your boyfriend.

2. Whats is the blackmail about?. If you had done anything illegal then there are chances of blackmailing you else you do not have to worry.

3. I suggest you to file police complaint against him for blackmail.

4. Discuss with a lawyer before you go and file police complaint.

Advocate, Bangalore
844 Answers
9 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can file police complaint against him for blackmailing and threatening.

If you feel him harmful then you can take restraining orders from court.

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
1022 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

Hi, you can lodge police complaint against him for threatening so that police will take action against him.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5396 Answers
310 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Please lodge a complaint with jurisdiction police for stalking and his constant threat given by him. If police fail to take action lodge a private complaint with magistrate to direct police to take action and investigate the matter.

Secondly you can also lodge complaint with state commission for woman .

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have options to avoid him legally by:

1. lodging a criminal complaint against him for his tortures, nuisance and threats ;

2. By issuing a legal notice instructing him to refrain from indulging in such illegal activities failing which he may be warned with severe legal complications

The first option would be more effective but you may have to spend some money or else the police may not take it very seriously.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78089 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


this guy is threatening you and is stalking you. discuss this matter with your husband and file a complaint against this guy. you did not have any relationship with him so he cannot threaten you.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13757 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Madam

If you dont take immediate action this may lead to serious issue tomorrow. If he makes anything offensive then you are liable.

Hence we will ensure smooth exist of him with proper procedure of law.

Feel free for any assistance



Shettar SS
Advocate, Bangalore
182 Answers
1 Consultation

4.4 on 5.0

You should file a criminal complaint for stalking against him in the nearest police station under Section 354D IPC and get the FIR registered. Police will mend him.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Madam,

You may lodge a complaint against that guy and he will be immediately taken into custody and sent to jail. Still legal divorce not given to you by any Court as such following offence can be alleged against him. Be away with that guy.


Section 497 in The Indian Penal Code

497. Adultery.—Whoever has sexual intercourse with a person who is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be the wife of another man, without the consent or connivance of that man, such sexual intercourse not amounting to the offence of rape, is guilty of the offence of adultery, and shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both. In such case the wife shall not be punishable as an abettor.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Any man who follows a woman and contacts, or attempts. to contact such woman to foster personal interaction repeatedly despite a clear indication of disinterest by such woman such act is molestation, can file complaint.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer