• Queries related to court marriage

I married my fiancee on 20 th of june 2016 through hindu ceremony.both of us are hindus.He works in canada and has to join his job om 15th of july and therefore has to fly back to canada on 13 th july. As per marriage registration laws in india, a notice period of 30 days has to be given for registering our marriage but since he is moving back we are not in a position to serve the requisite notice period.what is the quickest way in which we can register our marriage.we can opt for arya samaj marriage but nowadays it cannot be used as legal marriage document.please suggest some way to register our marriage
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

17 Answers


You may get Marriage registered in one day. Just you have to show photographs of the marriage. 30 days notice is to be given in case of court marriage and not in case of Marriage registration.

The same will just take one day.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Based on your hindu marriage you can file a registration form you dont have to give notice when the marriage is done by performing Hindu ceremonies you just have to give an application form along requite documents and marriage photographs the registrar shall register and give you certificate under Hindu marriage act.

Apply before the registrar where you marriage was held along with witness sign photo graph affidavit. Engage local advocate he shall get it done in a day or two.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


marriage can be registered in Delhi wherein you can get it registered the same day. the certificate would also be given to you.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13757 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can also register your marriage at municipal corporation offices. You can try the said way to register your marriage

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27261 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

As you both are hindu as per hindu marriage act section 7(2), get married in front of fire and take 7 steps which is called saptapadi in front of relatives and friends and click joint pictures and apply the very next day under hindu marriage act , registration will be done in 7 days from applying.

If you planning for 30 days notice, marriage will be held under special marriage act. Being hindus get married under hindu marriage act

Aveek Bose
Advocate, Kolkata
1222 Answers
9 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Your marriage has been solemnised on 20 th June 2016

2) you must be having certificate of pandit who solemnised your marriage

3) apply for registration of your marriage under HMA

4) non registration does not affect validity of your marriage

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87932 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Apply for urgent registration of marraige in registrars Office by affixing the stipulated fee in the concerned registrars Office fornurgent marraige. You’ll get the certificate in 7 days.

Ruchit Dugar
Advocate, New Delhi
190 Answers

4.9 on 5.0

If you have already married under Hindu customs then you can approach registrar of marriages and get the marriage registered under Hindu marriage act and it does not require any mandatory notice period. Only marriage under special marriage act requires notice period.

In case you people are not married yet approach a temple get married take few photos and receipt from temple and produce it to registrar of marriages and get certificate under Hindu marriage act.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If there is not much time left then you cna perm marriage as per Hindu rites and customs and thereafter register the marriage under Hindu marriage Act.

2. As it appears you have already underwent such Hindu rites on 20.6.2016 and contracted marriage with her . So you can register your marriage under Hindu Marriage Act which does not take more than one day.

3. The certificate issued by Arya Samaj is not a valid document.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The Arya samaj marriage document can be used as a legal document in India only. In case both the families are present and testify the marriage and documents for solemnization of marriage produced to the registrar of marriage then certificate may be issued in couple of days.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Concerned,

Perform an Arya Samaj Marriage, take a certificate from the concerned arya samaj mandir, Go online and register your marriage on the concerned marriage registrar website, take a printout of the registration and visit the concerned registration office and get the registration completed.

Best of Luck

Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1282 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firslty, the 30 days period is required when you are applying for the court marriage.

Secondly, and you have already marrried, so you just need to make an entry in the registration department which may not take more than 2 or 3 days.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Madam,

Please note the following:

Since you are married as per Hindu Vedic rites under the Hindu Marriage Act, you will have to download the form available on the Assam Government website (link is mentioned below). After filling the necessary details submit the form alongwith the following:

Joint Affidavit in a prescribe form

3 Passport size photograph of the bride and the bridegroom.

Aadhaar Card

attested copy of Proof of Address from husband and Wife. (Passport Copy, Ration card, Voter ID Card, Driving License)

Marriage photo or wedding card for proof of marriage

Note:The concerned forms are sold at the Deputy Commissioner's office. On-line submission of forms is not possible. A signed copy of the application is required for processing.

Marriages can be registered with the Sub-Register Office where the marriage took place.

Please check this link: http://assam.gov.in/download-e-form

Uma Vyavaharkar-Acharya
Advocate, Mumbai
44 Answers
2 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You are misguided, marriage registration is single day thing, apply in morning, certificate will b issued by evening.

And when you are already married than Y another marriage ?

Registration facility is available online too now a days.

All you need fro marriage registration - 3 witness, marriage card, couple photo, age and residential proof and 30 days pre stay (preceding) ( not post marriage stay ) or place where marriage solemnized. Jurisdiction.

His guardian can be present in person on his behalf with you.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


In India i never heard about this law. After marriage on the next day you are eligible

for your marriage registered.

Go to municipal office there or online you get form of registration, fill it properly,

attest with 2 witness with affidavit ( family members of both side )

1 affidavit of pandit

2 passport size photo each of you.

2 Postcard size photo of your,s

1 affidavit of bhrun htya

marriage card

100 rs. registration fees.

After submission with in 2 hours, if the employees are wiling to work, they

handover your marriage certificate.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

if you can prove that the marriage was performed as per Hindu customs and getting the certificate is a matter of formality. you will get it immediately. all the best.

Ramachandar Desu
Advocate, Bangalore
23 Answers

Not rated

If your marriage has been solemnised as per Hindu law and Hindu marriage law, then you can produce the documentary evidence along with the application form for registering the marriage under Hindu Marriage Act and get your marriage registered the same day.

If your spouse is not a foreigner or a foreigner citizen, then you can very well register the marriage under the Hindu marriage laws.

The 30 days notice period is required only to register the marriage under special marriage act.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78089 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer