• Inter-caste marriage

Hi,, iam ajay. my friend got fixed engagement with out any information to her. now she got engage with another boy. now the girl want to do marry with whom she loved.can she do this are any legal problem will be there from the boy who got already engage with that boy now.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
she can always break the engagement and marry the boy she loves . it is better to take the step now rather than ruining the life of   boy she is engaged to at present
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45670 Answers
2684 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

engagement breaking is no problem but decide things before taking any decision
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

No legal issue arise in this matter, she can marry whom she want.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

if both of them are adult they have complete authority to do what they want to do,there is no legal hasstle
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

There is no legal hassle if the bride is aged above18 years and the bridegroom is aged above 21 years.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1636 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is no law regarding engagement in india before marriage she is able to refuse or accept, if she love someone else then she has right to live with her marry with her. nobody can restrain her
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

An engagement can be broken at any point of time. There is no law which mandates that engagement is an irreversible phenomenon. If she does not love the guy she is engaged to then she should break the engagement now as the marriage, if solemnized, will be devoid of love.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer