• Husband has filed theft complaint against me

My husband has filed complaint against me that i have stolen gold from his home which is baseless. I have my own locker but i want to know can court give orders to check my parents' locker, and if yes then in which situation? What should I do?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
u have not told clearly where your husband has filed complain. if your husband puts allegation &if it police case that    then of course police may recover those from locker of your parents
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Yes, parent's locker can be checked by police, if stolen items are suspected to be there.
Fateh Chand Sharma
Advocate, Noida
86 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

if it is false complaint filed by your husband dont worry . he must have mentioned details of gold allegedly stolen  in his complaint . in your statement deny the allegations .cops can take search in your parents locker if they apprehend gold may be  kept in your parents locker
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47814 Answers
2834 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, if police has lodged FIR against you then you have to approach high court for quashing the FIR.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

is there any dispute between you and your husband with respect to matrimonial life,if yes kindly explain in detail.why it is that he has file theft complaint against you.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

The court can certainly order police to check the lockers of your father. Do take bail in accordance with law even if the case is false so that you do not have to face the ignominy of having to go to jail. Thereafter, apply for quashing of FIR, if need be.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

yes it can be possible, if this is a police complaint/FIR then the police can get the court order or directly get permission from their officials to do that. file for quashing the FIR
 if it is a court case other then 156(3) crpc then after receiving summons file for quashing of complaint
feel free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4910 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer