• Harassment by mother-in-law

My mother in law is not allowing me to talk with my husband ..and he is also not willing to talk to he is working as as a software engineer..we got married in 2012 ..till date he did not revealed his salary and he is not open with me I have to earn myself and lead my life.2 months back when IAm at my moms place he left to Dubai without informing me.when I asked he is telling that its none of my business now he came back but his mother is not allowing me to talk with him ..so I he is not at all interested in me..is it better to apply for divorce on what grounds I can apply divorce .I tried so much to convince him he is not showing interest to talk with me.please give suggestion
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
if your mother in law is coming between you and your husband, then file case against your mother in law and husband under the Domestic violence act, send a legal notice to your husband for restitution of conjugal rights under the Hindu Marriage act, if nothing works out, then go ahead and file for legal separation on the ground of separation ( 1 Year at least)
seems that your husband also not interested in  such position talk to her. if he agrees file divorce through mutual consent after settling your ailmony etc.if not then u can go for one side divorce . in case u also want to trouble them u can file 498 A, domestic violence act cases on both of them. which way to go is to be decided by  yourself
since your husband is not interested in you and your mother in law dosent talk to you there is no future in your relationship . file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty seek maintenance  and other reliefs .divorce by mutual consent is the best .

you can in alternative file for RCR.  if you want to stay with your husband then you can also file Dv case for right to stay in matrimonial home . , maintenance , compensation . 

contact a local lawyer .
Whether or not you have to apply for divorce has to be decided by you alone. Personally speaking, divorce should be the last resort when all possible attempts to reconcile the differences have proved futile and there is no scope left for the marriage to sustain. If you have a reason to believe that in spite of all your efforts your husband is not likely to change then you may apply for divorce on the ground of mental cruelty. 

Talk to your husband and ascertain if he is willing to apply for divorce jointly with you on the basis of mutual consent. If he does not agree to same then filing divorce unilaterally is the only legal remedy.

Alternatively you may file a case under DV Act to reinforce your right to stay with your husband in addition to seeking maintenance, etc.
you can seek fir a divorce or file a petition seeking restitution of conjugl rights. in addition you can also file a petition for maintenance
Ananth Kumar
divorce is not solution. If you decide then on cruelty ground you can file divorce under section 13 (1)(ia) of Hindu Marriage act if both of you are Hindu.
you can file a domestic violence case against your mother in law too.
File a domestic violence case against your mother in law
keep in mind once you start any legal proceedings it will affect your relation with your husband and mother in law.if you feel that there is some hope then give some more time to him ,other wise you have lots of legal remidies
your husband seems to be e a spineless man . if he is completely   under his mother influence and refuses to even talk to you there is no future in such a relationship . better cut your losses  file for divorce and move on in life .
Your husband seems to be under the dominant control of his mother. If he had any respect for the marital tie between you and him then he would have himself initiated a communication with you and attempted to iron out the differences. You may file for divorce.
already replied
Hi, we can understand you feelings it is better go for a divorce....... there is no meaning in waiting for him.