1. You can get divorce if you can prove that your wife cannot live without medication and her presence is dangerous for you and family.if her illness is certified as schizophrenia , on this merit you can get divorce.
2. Usually when a divorce asked on grounds of unsoundness of mind , court applies its mind to verify with the party 's conduct and soundness and presence of mind to answer the questions. By saying this I mean higher courts have ruled that diagnosed as schizophrenia by doctor alone will not ensure you the divorce. So it is advisable you present some witnesses to base your case and prove that she has been of incurably and intermittently of affected illness of unsoundness of mind.
3. You should not worry about their threat and pressure tactics. It is advisable to go to the area police station and lodge an N.C of criminal intimidation and threat by your in-Laws and inform the inspector that you have initiated the legal proceedings for divorce. For this you ask your advocate to help you to lodge a complaint with the area police station.
4. In case you get a call from the police please show them the court papers of divorce and the medical papers, police will not go ahead with an FIR, unless they are bribed or politically influenced unreasonably. The police will have to consider the the treatment papers of many years .
5. If an FIR lodged against you , since you have filed matter before the court , you will get the bail easily and it will be considered on the merits of her treatment papers which your advocate can submit before the court.