1. Divorce has no co-relation as such with the issue of child custody. Child custody and divorce are two separate issues which have to be decided separately by the court. You are free to file for divorce on the ground of cruelty at any time. The above being said, if your husband has been able to collect proof of your infidelity then he will surely use it in the court to defeat your claim for child custody.
2. The nature of conversation recorded on the audio tapes, which he has collected through the detective agency, has not been mentioned by you. It is also unclear if the divorce has been granted so far by the court or not. If divorce was filed by your husband you must have been issued a notice for appearance by the court.
3. Your husband could not have taken the child out of your custody in this manner. You can move the High Court for the release of your son from the custody of your husband.
4. It may also be added that if your husband succeeds in proving your infidelity you will lose your right to claim alimony for yourself.
5. In addition thereto, the man with whom you have developed the extra marital relationship can be imprisoned for up to 5 years if your husband files a case for adultery against him. It may be difficult for him to save himself in the light of the fact that your husband has been able to collect audio recordings of your conversations with him.
6. You have the right to file a complaint for domestic violence and dowry harassment against your husband.