Legal questions on Business Law

How can I sell my hand-made natural skincare products as a small scale, home-run business?

Hi, I run a small skin-care business where we make cold-process soaps and other natural skincare products. In the making of my products there are no effluents or pollutants that need to be discarded safely, there are no major health and safety hazards and I can produce these products in a 10f x 10ft room and run my business successfully. However, I have learnt that I am not legally allowed to ...

2 directors equal share 50:50 in dispute, 1 fell sick unable to work.

A private limited Company owned 50:50 by 2 directors. 1 director fell sick unable to work past 2 yrs, another director continued working as usual but double up his salary as compensation for covering the work of the sick director. Sick director wanted to sell his 50% shares at marked up value 150X, working director disagreed and offered to buy at only 100X, the estimated market value of buildin...

Company wants to frame me for Dual Employment

Hello sir, I am working full time in X company, were in the appointment letter it was mentioned that I couldn't join any other company while working here. I joined on "September 1, 2020". We also have a family business (Y company) doing the some of the same services as my present employer but started long back in 2014. I was just a mentor there occasionally helping their team as it has a com...

Recovery of joining bonds.

We are an IT company based out of Noida, UP. Being a competitive space, we observed that in several cases, people after signing Employment Agreements did not join on the mutually agreed upon date of Joining. This problem worsened in the last 2 years with hiring going remote and people working from home. To reduce this challenge and effectively recover the cost incurred to hire a candidate, ...

Company harassment

My new company bought me out from previous employer by paying 75k to my account and asked me to pay it to my former employer and asked me not to serve the notice period in previous organisation. Once I joined the new employer, there was nothing mentioned that I have to serve the company for a specific time period. I had to leave the company since I was sick and being harassed for the same becau...

Rules for Exit as Partner from Limited Liability Partnership

Hi, I and my partner both together hold 50% share each in LLP (Limited Liability Partnership). We have mutually decided that we cannot run the company on 15th Dec 2021. My Partner has put in Rs. 7.7 lakhs whereas I have put in Rs. 4.92 Lakhs. The company as on date does not generate any profit and has no debt as well. Since the inception of the company we had an internal understanding that eac...

Experience letter

Hello, Actually I left my previous organization in Jan this year and because of some personal family issue, I was unable to go to office as I was at my hometown. I had explained the whole thing to my Team leader that what was the issue which happened ( although it was very personal) however, prior to that they had already marked me as abscond. I requested them a lot about it as I never wan...

Change in Notice period after joining

I’m working in MNC for past 4 years and till now the notice period was 30 days . Recently we received an email stating the notice period is changed from 30 days to 90 days . I had a word with manager stating I do not accept this cause as it is a very stringent policy change . The HR and my manger said a company has a right to change polices . As per terms of employment given to us when joining ...

Q. What is to be done?

1.This company is deducting our salary via TDS, With zero salary slip and no HR policy 2.On the other hand, they didn't provide us any system to track our TDS ? 3.No tax payers ID rules ,and its a contract based job, Where there is zero system and mis-treatment happening with the employees. 4.No attendence management for which we are bound to work on public holidays, even if we take p...

Dispute Between Directors/shreholders of the Company

A Private Limited Company Registered at Gujarat under Companies Act since 1966 where following were the structure of of the Company - Directors / Shareholders (Total 5 Directors and 4 Shareholders) - Group A - Mr. A (13%) and Mr.B (14%) - total 27% Stake Group B - Mr. C (64%), Mr. D (9%) and Mr.E - total 73% stake All the above directors & and shareholders are relatives of each other ac...

Notice buy-out

Hi, I’ve put in my official request of resignation with my current employer and my next employer wishes to buy-out my notice period of 60 days. The HR of my current firm said that they don’t let anyone buy out their notice period and it’s mandatory to serve the full notice period. However, it’s mentioned in my offer letter. Kindly refer to the below: Upon your confirmation, either Party s...

Can I reject the job offer letter after joining for 1 day?

I have applied for a job and the employer had interviewed me. After selection they mailed me the offer as CTC and position and told me to collect the offer letter on the day of joining. The working location was approx. 200KMS away from my residence. So was little bit difficult to find proper residence or rent house to live. Somehow i managed to give it a try and reached the employer city ...

Regarding release

Hi, As per company standard policy, 1) employee have to serve notice period of 90 days 2) in case the employee requests to be relieved without serving the complete notice, he/she is liable to pay a liquidated damage towards the shortfall in the notice period which us calculated based on the last drawn/ maintained basic pay component of the home location salary of the employee. The company r...

My Employer has done summon in summary suit case on me for breaching employment contract

I had a 1-year contract with a company and have completed 10 months working with them last year in June. My CTC was 33,000 per month. Last year in the month of June I received only 20,000 as a salary for the month of May when I asked for the same why this deduction is done they said because I did not follow the office rules. I asked them a lot of times but no satisfactory answer was provided to...

Notice Period

Greetings, My current company is not agreeing to let me go by serving 30 days notice period + 60 days buy out. Company policies reads: "On completion of 3 months, this contract of employment is terminable by you by giving 90 calendar days' notice in writing to TCSL . It is clearly understood, agreed and made abundantly clear that you shall have to necessarily work during the period of notic...

Resignation

Hi Sir/Ma'am, I work in an IT MNC. I joined this IT firm last year in October 2021 and I have currently completed 5 months. I joined this IT firm as a contractual employee for a big IT Organization. I have dropped my resignation via email to the HR and the HR's Manager on 15th March 2022 ie. Tuesday. The reason for my resignation is that after getting hired in this big IT organization, t...

Breach of Employment Contract

I am a software developer working for a company , let's say Company A , my company has contractual staffing business model where it has provided me to a company B. Company B in turn has a client company C for which I am working. Company C has offered me a position directly with them , my query is that can I join this company C without any legal complications from my company i.e company A. ...

How can apartment resident association be requested move to Online Platform for Voting/General body

Hi, The apartment association where I own an apartment is facing a unique issue., I am sure this is there in other apartments too. Most of the owners are living in different cities (far away places). So they had given the apartment for rent. For a General body meeting or any other meeting where an opinion of owners are needed, only very few people are able to attend and effectively contr...

Resignation

As per my Company Offer letter, there is a payout option. Now i want to take release from my company ericsson buy my company is not ready to release even after i am ready to pay my basic pay for 3 month. in this situation, what i shold do and how i can take release from my company. This Offer of Appointment can be terminated by either side, by giving one month’s notice during the probation p...

What can we do as a company when our employee break the service agreement bond?

We are an IT company, we are giving internship with job opportunity to interns who are in the final semester of their education. Because we are spending our resources to train these newcomers, we are singing a notarized bond with them before starting them as interns. We hired one intern as our employee in August 2021 with 18 months of bond agreement which cost 50 thousand. We are taking the ch...