• Executing the sale deed for a joint property with GPA

My brother lives outside india and holds an indian passport. we are buying an apartment in bangalore as joint property in the name of 4 people myself, my wife , my elder brother and his wife.

Can i execute the sale deed on his behalf if he gives me GPA.
Asked in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) POA executed by brother in your favour  should be attested before Indian consulate 

2) it should be duly registeted in India 

3) then only can you execute sale deed on his behalf 

You can do that if he executes a GPA in your favour to authorize you to register the sale deed for and on his behalf. The GPA will have to be attested in Indian Consulate and then registered in India.

You can execute the Sale Deed on behalf of your brother by obtaining GPA in your name.

Yes, any close relative can represent his relatives on the basis of POA to register any deed of transfer.
In your case the willing persons can give you register POA to get the proeprty purchased by you on their behalf.
If anyone is in abroad then he can send a POA notarised and attested by Indian Consulate Officer there which is to be Adjudicated here in India.
Meet a lawyer to do all these.

Yes you can got executed the sale deed in favour of your brother too by GPA and an authorization for appearing on his behalf before concerned registering authority. the proforma / model authorization will available at local registration officer   

1) You can execute the Sale Deed on behalf of his brother provided he gives you a POA.

2) The only condition is that the Power of Attorney must be a registered POA.

3) Your brother can get the POA duly authorized at the Indian Embassy in the country where he resides and have it sent back to India to be duly registered. Once this is done you can proceed with the registration of the Sale Deed. 

You can instead take a special power of attorney in your favour from your brother which will help you present the document for registration on his behalf, you can sign on his behalf as well. This will be limited to only this transaction and becomes null and void after the registration of the sale deed. 

You can very well execute a sale deed or even buy the property on his behalf if you are authorised to do so by a legally valid and registered GPA deed in your favor duly executed by him, but if the GPA is executed by him alone then you can do the acts only his behalf and not on behalf of his wife, instead she can be a joint execute of GPA along with your brother i.e., another principal so that you can act on their both behalf on all such acts that have been authorised to do in the said registered GPA deed.