• Marriage between an Indian n Czech and stay in czech


This question is related to marriage between an Indian girl and Czech Republic guy. I would like to know what would be best option to get married as girl needs to settle in czech with guy and how to ease visa or long term stay related issue in Czech for girl. 
Girls family preference is to get register  married first in India n then in czech but will it be the best option in terms of documents etc. 

Please advise. 
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Pune, Maharashtra
1) the marriage between indian girl and foreigner should be solemnised under provisions of spcial marriage act 

2) required to file a notice of intended marriage with a Marriage Registrar in Pune  . That notice is required to be published for the stipulated 30 days. At the end of the 30 days the Marriage Registrar is free to perform the marriage.

3)The notice of intended marriage can only be given in India, if at least one partner is permanently and the other partner temporarily resident in India.

 4) After the stipulated waiting period of 30 days the marriage can take place in India. Under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 a certificate showing the signatures of the persons married, the registrar and the witnesses will be issued. This Certificate is required as proof of the marriage and when applying for a visa to for a foreign country.

5) The following documents are required for both the partners:

a valid Passport
original Birth Certificate showing parents' names
if the person concerned is widowed, the original death certificate of the deceased spouse
If divorced, copy of the final decree
documentary evidence regarding stay in India of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO)
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41666 Answers
2392 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The girl can marry in India and then move to Czech Republic. There is a 30 day residency requirement, which means that either the bride or the groom has to be living in India for at least 30 days prior to applying to the local registrar to get married. For foreigners, this is evidenced by a certificate from the local police station or Copy of C Form or FRRO.
2. All he has to do right now is to come with hIs original Certificates on a Tourist Visa and post registration of Marriage convert it into "X" Visa.

3.  If no objections to the marriage are received within 30 days of the application, a civil ceremony at the registry office can then take place. Three witnesses are required, who have to provide passport sized photographs, as well as identification and proof of address. The marriage certificate is usually issued a couple of weeks after the wedding.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It will be better that the marriage will be registered in India.
if the girl is in Czech then the registered marriage in Czech will also be better for her.

Feel Free to Call 
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4645 Answers
211 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If the girl desires to settle in Czech after marrying a Czech citizen and settled down permanently in that country itself, she can straightaway follow that country's marriage and visa laws directly instead of following a cumbersome process off getting married here in India under The Special Marriages Act as she is intending to buy a foreigner.
The process of marriage in Czech may be more cumbersome than what is in India or may not be , but to solemnise a marriage in India, getting it registered after undergoing a long legal process of formalities, the time taken for complying with the necessary formalities to procure various documents from various authorities and again experience a set of similar or lesser formalities in the country intended to settle down will become a double strain and stress besides fatigue involved in it. 
Thuis in my opinion, it would be better if she is able to find a peaceful solution in the country she intends to settle down after her marriage shedding away the unnecessary stress and tension.
Analyse the pros and cons of both the options and decide wisely at a right time.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
31761 Answers
344 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, It is my kind advice to you that it is better girl can marry the Boy as per Indian Law and it has to be registered before the Sub-Registrar.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4453 Answers
200 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

you should solemnize marriage in Czech republic. there is lengthy procedure in India. he should have reside in India for not less than 6 months. publish a notice and inform to the Czech embassy and get permission. thereafter perform legal requirement of Czech's law. 

you have decided to settle in Czech so you should perform marriage in Czech.   
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4819 Answers
77 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer