• Relative staying at our property not vacating the house

My father has an property in Hyderabad and he had let my uncle stay there with his family as they couldnt afford a rented house . There is no rent agreement made neither he was paying us any rent and staying there from more than 10 years. As we stay in mumbai.

Now when we want to sell the property he is not ready to move out.

All the papers are on my fathers name . Need advice on the same. How can we get our property back.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Muslim
1) your father should issue legal notice to his brother to vacate the house 

2)  in your case they are mere 'gratuitous licensee'  only who have been licensed by your father to live in his premises without paying any rent or consideration 

3) if uncle refuse to vacate your fathers should file suit for eviction against uncle 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44485 Answers
2586 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The remedy in front of your father is filing an Eviction suit before the civil court. Before that, send a legal notice to your uncle for evicting the premises.If you get a replay the frame out the case also considering t he contentions in replay also.  Meet a local lawyer 
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2758 Answers
44 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Try to settled the matter amicably if possible.
Otherwise file a civil suit for eviction before civil court against him and fight the case.

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

First issue an eviction notice to your uncle. 
Since there is no rent agreement, it is actually beneficial to you because you can always file a criminal case against your uncle in case you want to . 
no worries, courts are very strict off late in evicting tenants and if tenants are not paying rents etc, courts at hyderabad are granting eviction orders. 
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
1267 Answers
155 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to file suit for eviction in the Court and ask them to vacate the property.

2. Before filling the suit first you have to issue legal notice and proceed further for filling a suit.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4538 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You can file a criminal complaint for house trespass against him which will result in his prosecution in the criminal court. However, to evict him from the property you require the orders of the civil court, which you may obtain by filing a suit for his eviction. Both the cases should be filed simultaneously to generate the required amount of heat on him.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer