• Case on house property

My uncle launched a case on me regarding occupying the waste land sorrounded by my house, but which is actuall purchased from my grand father by my mother.

Now the property is in my name. so they have added my name also as a first member in case.

Actually i working very far from my home .  So is it necessary to appear in court every time. otherwise is is possible to handle this case by my parents without my involvement.

With Best Regards
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Madurai, Tamil Nadu
1) it is not necessary for you to appear in court on each date in civil case 

2) you can appoint a lawyer to appear on your behalf 

3) you can also give POA to your parents to engage advocates , file written statement , affidavits , etc on your behalf
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44428 Answers
2582 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

A. no need for you to appear on each date in ur case.

B. engage a good lawyer for ur case so that he can appear in said case in court and conduct case strongly.

C..execute registered power of attorney in favour of ur father who can then sign all papers to be filed in court in the said case.
R.K. Nanda
Advocate, New Delhi
457 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

You don't need to appear in person on each court date.You can engage a lawyer to represent you in the court.
You can also execute a Power of Attorney  in favour of your father and have it registered so that he can represent you in your absence.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2233 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If it is a Civil Case, you need not appear,

2. Engagae a lawyer who will do the job for you,

3. If you can not even engage a lawyer, execute a POA in favour of your father authorising him to engage a lawyer for you to defend you in the said case & the bsaid POA id enough to serve your purpose,

4. A word of caution. It is prudent to be present in the Court by the parties in their interest at the time of hearing to witness how  the advocatre is conducting the case and in which direction the case is moving. Ask your father to constantly monitor the case being present in the Court, if possible.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18164 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need not appear for all civil cases engage a civil lawyer and defend your case submit documents and proofs to him
Jeshma Mohandas KP
Advocate, Kozhikode
567 Answers
1 Consultation

4.5 on 5.0

It is a civil case so you need not appear on each and every date of hearing unless specifically called for by the court.Your lawyer will take care of the case.You can appoint someone as attorney to represent in the court and do the needful on your behalf.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Hi, it is not necessary to appear each and every date of hearing before the court in civil proceedings, you can engage an advocate and contest the case if not you have to execute GPA in favor of your mother to conduct the case.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4535 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

It is usually  not necessary to appear on each and every date of hearing in civil matter, unless the   court summons you to appear before the court. Further you can given  General Power of attorney to your father or mother to engage an advocate, file all documents in the court.
Sudershani Ray
Advocate, New Delhi
192 Answers
41 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. You are not required to appear in the court on every hearing. You may execute a power of attorney in favour of your parents authorizing them to engage a lawyer for your defence and further monitor the case. Your father or mother, as the case may be, can then sign all the necessary documents to be filed in the court on your behalf.

2. The above being said, you will be required to appear personally in the court on the hearing fixed for recording your testimony and also when the opposing lawyer will conduct your cross-examination.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
you may engage a lawyer, and after signing the vakalatnama, the lawyer may handle the case and your personal appearance is not necessary. You may execute a POA to any family members and that member may appear before court on behalf of you.
Only at the time of evidence you have to appear before the court.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer