• Correction of mother's name in birth certificate

Mother's name is to corrected in Birth certificate. I applied to original BC issuing authority "Nagercoil, Tamil nadu Municipal corporation" with letter from hospital and other documents. But they denied to correcting stating the rule "Only one time correction can be done by them and in my case it was already done as Address correction. So, now How can I get this correction done.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Panagudi, Tamil Nadu
1) You need to get a court order and provide it to the issuing authority to get the correction done now.
2) Engage a local lawyer to help you with the court procedure.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2196 Answers
104 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you will have to  move  court to direct Registrar birth and death to rectify mother name in your birth certificate 

2) enclose documents in your possession reflecting mother correct name like her Aadhar card , ration card etc 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
40244 Answers
2286 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 If the office concerned refuse the correct tion stating the prevailing rules you will have to get an order for the same from acivil court.
You will have to file a suit in the district court of your area to get a directing order to the office of registration of birth and death.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1500 Answers
124 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, You have to file a suit before the Jurisdictional Court to correct the name of your mother in the Birth Certificate and also direct the authority to issue fresh birth Certificate.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4451 Answers
197 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

Why did you not notice the wrongly spelt name of your mother in the birth certificate earlier while you wanted to correct the address.?
Well, you get the reply in writing from the registrar's office about their denial to correct the name after that you file a declaration suit to declare your mother's correct name in the birth certificate with a direction to the registrar to correct the same, as a relief. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
30332 Answers
316 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You require the orders of the civil judge to the competent authority, failing which the rectification will not be carried out. So file a civil suit against the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22627 Answers
609 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you should prepare an affidavit and file it before the court under section 34 of the specific relief act then court will order to the municipal corporation for correction in birth certificate. 
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4817 Answers
75 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer