• Love marriage problem - protection required

Respected sir/madam,
 I am a 25 year old person from Hyderabad currently selected as PO in bank of Baroda pending police verification. I am mutual love with a girl who is of same age and want to get married. My parents accepted but her parents are rejecting our love. They are warning us that they ll book false cases on me and her if we get married or kill me and take her away. We want to do a Arya Samaj marriage. But need legal advice as to how to be safe against PHYSICAL HARM to self and parents and also to be eligible to do my job properly without losing Job or my love.. PLEASE GUIDE ME WITH THE PROPER LEGAL PROCEDURE I HAVE TO FOLLOW FOR MARRIAGE, IMMUNITY AGAINST FALSE CASES AND PROTECTION IF POSSIBLE TO MY PARENTS. 

Thank you. 

Yours truly, 
Maruthi prasad 
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Hindu
1) your fiancee can lodge complaint with state commission of women that she is in love with you and want to marry you but her parents are threatening to kill her ,  you andd your would be in laws 

2) she should also lodge police complaint against her parents of criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC 

3) you both can go to Arya samaj in your city and get married in presence of witnesses 

4)The procedure of Arya Samaj marriage is very simple and easy as both wedding couples just need to produce genuine documents/certificates like birth Certificate and residential certificates, a simple affidavit and a few photographs. A certificate is provided by the Arya Samaj Mandir. On this certificate, the married couple can also register his marriage in marriage registration office
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44485 Answers
2586 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
If both of you are major and willing to marry with each other then arya samaj marriage is better.
After solemnized the marriage a certificate will be issued by the arya samaj and when you get the same then immediately send an application cum complaint to nearest police station of her area and your area and commissioner of police or SSP regarding the marriage solemnization and claim protection.

Apart from the above you may file a writ petition before high court and claim protection.

Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Hi, you can register your marriage before sub-register or you can marry her in Arya Samaja and later you can register your marriage before the Sub-Register.

2. It is better you can lodge a police complaint against them and seek for police protection.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4538 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Well, if both of your are adult and willing then nobody can legally restrain you from marrying each other nor can harm your job.
So be  man and act like that.
Against the threats and abuses you can lodge complaint with local police and if local police refuses or neglects to help you then you can file writ petition in high court against police inaction.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12577 Answers
162 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the girl is willing to marry you against the wishes of her parents, nothing can stop her from doing so, even if her parents try to use force she can very well take protection from police.  You may also make a complaint against her parents for threats, security for your life and that of your parents and for criminal intimidation offences. 
Take the help of a lawyer and lodge a complaint against her parents with the local police after the girl is eloping her house to marry you and get married  in a temple with the support of your parents and friends.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34594 Answers
373 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.  You have the legal right to marry the girl who also wants to marry you,

2. However, to avoid any disturbance, it will be prudent on your part to wait till you get the appointment letter for the post of P.O.,

3. While reporting for joining the Bank, ask for distance posting to ensure that you can stay at a distance place where those people will have no commanding influence on the authority/administration,

4. After that get married in an Arya Samaj temple and get your marriage registered before a Court,

5. After that both of you can lodge a police complaint against her family members for their filing false cases/complaints and also for killing both of you. You should attach copy of your marriage certificate as an evidence of your marriage,

6. This way you shall be adequately imnunised and if they still file false cases against you, contest the cases fittingly.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18164 Answers
439 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

To safeguard your life and liberty should move the High Court through a writ petition for protection. The intervention of the HC will preempt the adverse consequences which may ensue if false cases are filed against you.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Registration of marriage is a mode of proof of marriage. Arya Samaj marriages require no registration. The certificate given by Arya Samaj Mandir is itself a valid proof of marriage. Arya Samaj Marriage is applicable amongst all religion in India. The minimum age for getting married is 21yrs for the groom and 18 yrs for the bride. 
Arya Samaj Marriages solemnize  in just Two hour, only you need to take all the documents or things required at time. The wedding is conducted according to Arya Marriage rituals.After solemnization of marriage they will give you a marriage certificate which makes you legal husband and wife.And get your marriage registered before sub registrar - court marriage under special marriage act.

Parties who intend to get married under the Special marriage Act shall give a notice in writing in the specified form to the Marriage Officer of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than thirty days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given. Upon receipt of an application signed by both the parties to the marriage for the registration, the Marriage Officer shall give public notice thereof in such manner as may be prescribed and after allowing a period of thirty days for objection and after hearing any objection received within that period, shall, if satisfied that all the conditions are fulfilled, enter a certificate of the marriage in the Marriage Certificate Book in the prescribed form and such certificate shall be signed by the parties to the marriage and by three witnesses.

For threat against life ,you may approach  the high court for getting police protection.
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2758 Answers
44 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer