Don’t rush for divorce let them come forward. Marriage is not a joke, you marry someone and complaint that she is not pretty enough or she is compatible. You can force them to come to your terms. I am forwarding the law against harassment of wife by husband and his family. You will know all the law that is in your favor. Make use of whatever is required for you.
You have many options. Law is in favor of women. They are doing this because you are tolerating it once you enforce your rights they will realize their mistakes and mend their ways. Following remedies are available to you…
- Under Domestic Violence Act, 2005—
- You, any relative or friend on your behalf or an Advocate engaged by you can submit an application to the Magistrate or police. A notice will be served on husband and he will be asked to attend the court on a particular date. If he fails to attend court, he will be arrested by police and brought to court. You can obtain any or all of the following orders…
- Protection order prohibiting husband from—
- committing any act of domestic violence;
- entering the place of your employment;
- attempting to communicating with you;
- selling any assets, operating bank accounts or bank lockers held jointly by both or singly by husband including streedhan.
- Residence order. Police will force your husband to give shelter in the shared house and restrain him from dispossessing you.
- Monetary reliefs:
- To meet the expensed incurred and losses suffered as a result of domestic violence;
- Loss of earnings;
- Medical expenses;
- Maintenance for wife and children;
- Lump sum payment.
- Compensation: compensation and damages for injuries, including mental torture and emotional distress.
Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, Section 125: you can obtain monthly maintenance for yourself and child.
Indian Penal Code, 1860: You can file criminal case under Section 498A if there is cruelty or demands of dowry for which punishment is imprisonment upto three years.
- If they are not giving your belongings, you can file case against them under Section 406 of Indian Penal Code, 1860 for criminal breach of trust for which punishment is 3 years.
Employed or not, he is bound to pay for maintenance to wife. It is not easy for him to get divorce, unless you agree. If he files divorce he has to pay of alimony compensation running into lacks.
It is strongly advised that you should…
- secure your ornaments by obtaining order, not to operate bank locker and bank accounts under Domestic Violence Act, 2005.
- Restrain him from house transferring as the same belongs to you son.