• Notice from my wife

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable answer for last two question as below in given link,

Now,I am living separate from my wife last 1.5 yrs without any communication,
2 days back one notice came from lawyer from my wife place to my native address,(it is still with post man bcz i am working in Bangalore).

Kindly help me,what might be there in notice & what i need to do for my next step means documentation,preparation need to done from my side for reverting to the Notice sent to me,

what kind of notice can send from wife & how can i answer to those notice without any problem to me.

Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Germany
Religion: Hindu
1. We are as ignorant as you are with respect to the actual content of the notice, but presumably it should be a notice asking you to give maintenance to your wife.

2. Once you receive the notice you can engage a lawyer to draft an appropriate reply.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you must take delivery of notice send by your wife advocate 

2)without going through the contents we cannot advice what should be your next step 

3) contact a local lawyer and reply to the legal notice 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46870 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

your wife must have issued a legal notice under RCR (Restitution of Conjugal Rights), or alternatively must have issued a legal notice under desertion and abandoning matrimonial duties and her maintenance, for which she must be thinking of filing cases against you for maintenance.
Collect the notice from the post man, contact an advocate and issue a reply, tell her that you wish to give her divorce and ask her to come forth for one of Mutual consent, informing her that it is less cumber some for both parties.
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
1019 Answers
91 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Dear sir, your query is vague and premature to say the least.
2.  Without seeing the notice how could one advise you on contents of reply.
3. Collect the notice and then come back to us.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13179 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Here we are lawyers and not astrologers to know before hand about the  contents in a  sealed envelope which has not even reached your hands.
What  makes you so anxious about it,if so, you could have received the notice, opened the cover  to know the contents.
Youask somebody at home to receive the letter,see what is written  in it and then come back with your query accordingly. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37039 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, first you have to receive the notice and for what purpose the notice has sent  to you must ascertain and thereafter you have to reply the notice accordingly with the help of the advocate.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. You can not assume as to what notice she or her lawyer has sent to you,

2. it might be that she has filed a fresh suit for which the said notice has been sent,

3. Not receiving Notice is not a good idea since after the said notice is refused or returned with note 'Not Claimed', the Court may direct your wife to publish the notice in two Newspapers and such publication will be considered as good service,

4. The said paper publication might be overlooked by you and in such case the Court will proceed without your being aware of the said publication of the notice,

5. Consequently, the case may be heard ex-parte with adverse order on you.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18806 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 first of all collect the notice
depending on the demand and allegation reply to that
take the notice to a lawyer and get the advise depending on your decision of divorce 
Most likely the notice may be demanding divorce and alimony, and other reliefs, so if you do not want to continue you can agree for a settlement and finish it
if in case the notice is allegations which you prefer to reply reply to that and see what next step has to take.
consult a local lawyer with the notice. 
There is nothing much can be done by panicking, take it as it is and fight it .if the relationship has reached to standstill end it amicably and start afresh.

Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
139 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
Without the contents of notice how can we informed you about that?
it will be better to collect the same from Postmen and after that prepare your self for further proceedings and you should take help of a lawyer for reply the notice if necessary.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer