• Register marriage

 My question is I am muslim and my girl friend is hindu . We both are Engineers and working in a reputed companies in abroad. we both are 28 years old. We want to get married and it is certainly possible that her family might not agree for this marriage. In this case we are thinking of getting register married. Would there be any problem in it ? if her family files a police case ? It would be a mutual consent marriage. 
Thank you in advance,
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Muslim
If you are living abroad and one of the spouse is citizen of India and both  are unmarried then you can get married under the Foreign Marriage Act.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
550 Answers
164 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) since both are both are adults they can get married . they dont need parents consent 

2) if you can get married in india under special marriage act both parties need not change their religion .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
40169 Answers
2278 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since both are adults and interested to marry, you can go ahead and marry in India under Special Marriage Act without changing the religion. No need to take parents' permission.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1531 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
You can register you marriage in SMA or as par FMA
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4542 Answers
208 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Since both of you are adults you may marry according to your wishes irrespective of the opposition of her parents. You may marry without changing your respective religions. If any police complaint is filed against you then you may have it quashed from court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22561 Answers
609 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can get marry under special marriage act even without changing your religion
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer