• Register marriage

My question is I am muslim and my girl friend is hindu . We both are Engineers and working in a reputed companies in abroad. we both are 28 years old. We want to get married and it is certainly possible that her family might not agree for this marriage. In this case we are thinking of getting register married. Would there be any problem in it ? if her family files a police case ? It would be a mutual consent marriage. 
Thank you in advance,
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
If you are living abroad and one of the spouse is citizen of India and both  are unmarried then you can get married under the Foreign Marriage Act.

1) since both are both are adults they can get married . they dont need parents consent 

2) if you can get married in india under special marriage act both parties need not change their religion .

Since both are adults and interested to marry, you can go ahead and marry in India under Special Marriage Act without changing the religion. No need to take parents' permission.

You can register you marriage in SMA or as par FMA
FEEL FREE TO CALL

Since both of you are adults you may marry according to your wishes irrespective of the opposition of her parents. You may marry without changing your respective religions. If any police complaint is filed against you then you may have it quashed from court.

you can get marry under special marriage act even without changing your religion