• Property given on rent for more than 10 years

If a property is given on rent 12 years ago  and owner want it back now what is the legal procedure for that
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from kashipur, Uttarakhand
what does your rent agreement says about termination of tenency
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

It depends on the terms & conditions agreed by the Owner and Tenant in the rental agreement and perhaps there may be a notice period of 3 months or so for termination of agreement by either side or on mutually agreed time.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1617 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The legal process to evict the tenant from the rented property commences by issuing a lawyer's notice to him to vacate. If he does not vacate after notice is issued to him then you may move to court by way of filing a case for his eviction.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) how was property give on rent? 

2) do you written leave and licence agreement ? 

3) was document duly stamped and registered? 

4) was there a termination clause in said agreement ? 

5) if no such agreement entered into issue legal notice for termination .if tenant refuses to vacate file suit for eviction .

6)  if agreement has been entered into invoke clauses as to termination . if he refuses file suit for eviction
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44259 Answers
2569 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, if you are not a owner of the property then you have to vacate the property to the owner.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4528 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

File an eviction suit in a competent court of law after notice period for dispossessing the tenant in accordance with law.
Thanking you,
Subash M R
Advocate, Bangalore
176 Answers
8 Consultations

3.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer