• Can xerox be emailed to lawyer

As I need an encumbrance certificate for my Jaipur flat , and I don't live at Jaipur , and I had email a lawyer xerox copies of Sale deed , is it safe as I don't know lawyer very well , because I am from a different city
Asked 4 months ago in Intellectual Property

4 answers received in 10 minutes.

Well.  Don't worry. 

On the basis of photocopy of your title deed this lawyer or someone else is not going to become owner of your office. 

So relax and keep in touch with your advocate. 

1. See using Xerox your property cannot he registered it is safe you don't have to worry about it.

There is no problem, you may trust the Advocate. 

Yes, it is not admissible evidence. Court or public offices admits only certified copies or originals.  First check the details of lawyer on the Bar Council Website and then proceed. 

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

You can send him PDF format by email and mention in that by consultation purpose only

Lawyer is not going to mis use your documents 

2) it should not land you in any problems 

- As per the Rules of Professional Conduct , A lawyer is bound for , not to disclose and misused the information or documents received by the client , unless the client permits for the same to his lawyer .

- Hence, even if you send an regional sale deed to the lawyer for taking some services , then that lawyer cannot misused the same , otherwise legal action can be initiated against him by the Bar Counsel of India. 

- Hence, no need of worry , but be sure that you have delivered the said xerox to a lawyer and not some agent for taking said services. 

Mohammed Shahzad

A. Yes you can email Xerox copy with your advocate. Xerox papers can't be misused for either claiming ownership or mortgage purpose.

B. In order to take abundant precautions, you can scan and convert into PDF with adding watermark containing that this is for verification purposes.

The xerox copy will solve the purpose,.

Ganesh Singh

Yes that is safe. A photocopy cannot be misused.

Rahul Mishra

Yes, it is safe, you and cross mark the sale deed and then send it. However, the lawyer must be needing the important recitals of the deed, so you can type it out relevant portions and send it, in case if you think there could be any mischief. 

Dhruv Dwivedi

Integrity of lawyer cannot be question. Well hiring/finding a good lawyer is an ordeal. You may be safe.

It is ok....xerox cannot be used in any official work

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak

Don't worry about it. sending the documents will hamper your interest in the property.

Yes it is safe.

You need not worry.  The Xerox copy of your sale deed will not be of any value / use to the Lawyer.

It will not cause any problem / it will not be misused.

S Srinivasa Prasad

Yes you can email xerox to lawyer

Sir 

Yes sir it is perfectly safe. just ask your lawyer to get you the Non encumbrance certificate along with the reciept of the certified copy, that is all you need. 

Archit Vasudeva

There is nothing wrong in sending the photo copy of the sale deed to the lawyer who yo have entrusted a specific job.

All these thoughts should have come to yo before sending the same and not after sending it to him.

You can regularly follow it with the said lawyer so that you don't miss any development in it.

You can provide cancelled and crossed xerox xerox  of the sale deed to the lawyer on his email address, if it is required.

In my opinion, copy of sale deed is not required to get encumbrance certificate. Also, it can be procured online.

Siddharth Jain

As far the Xerox copies are concerned there will not be any problem . 

1. You have to have trust in your lawyer. 

2. If you do not have trust in him then go and personally deliver it to him.

A Xerox copy of a deed cannot do much harm but would suggest you to keep an eye. Be sure the property is in your name and possession.

Swarupananda Neogi

Yes you can send xerox to advocate and there is no problem in sending xerox copy of document to your lawyer. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak