1. If she files an application for maintenance before any India Court,you will get summons/Notice and will be required to attend the Court personally or through a lawyer,
2. Court will hear both the parties and pass maintenance order, if any,
3. Normally, maintenance awarded is 1/5th to 1/3rd of husband's net monthly earnings deducting his monthly compulsory payments,
4. Maintenance will be allowed provided your wife is not employed,
5. Under no circumstances the Court will direct you to sell of your dwelling house to pay maintenance to your wife,
6. Maintenance will be awarded from your monthly net earning only.