• Content of messages on phone

I want to know does telecom operators like Vodafone,Airtel keeps contents of my messages I received/send.
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
No. The telecom companies are not right to keep the same. 

No they cant

all telephone records including call and text message details are stored by mobile phone companies for six months.

1. every message is scrutinized by the server because it is connected with the security of nation.

2. every operator is bound to keep all the messages in his record and if it is require by the court then operator is bound to adduce it on issuing of summon under sec 91 of crpc or on the written request from government authority. 

1. The Servoice providers keep such messages normaly for a period of 3 months,

2. Such messages, if found preserved by the service providers, are providede only against Court order.

Yes, the messages are kept for 3 months depending on the capacity of the server

They may preserve the contents for a particular period of time alone and beyond that the system will erase as has been designed by the computer for the purpose. 

Most of the telecom operators stored the send and received messages . The duration of saving of message depends upon operators and it may extend to 6 months.

Content of the text messages is not stored without a binding obligation of law as this is equivalent to phone tapping.

A. If it is required for documentary evidence in a court of law or legal matters, it would be provide from the concerned telecom operators. 

B. Generally, this data would be protected 3 to 6 months.