- As per law, a Mutual Consent Divorce granted by foreign Court is considered as valid, legal and binding in Indian Courts by virtue of section 13 and 14 of CPC and also on account of comity of Nations.
- Further, if the matter is contested between parties in US Court, and after due adjudication and trial, divorce is granted , then it will be valid and binding in India.
- If,the matter is uncontested, one party comes back to India where marriage had taken place and contest proceedings in India, divorce as granted by US Court will not be applicable in India.
- Furtner, Ex-parte decree of Divorce granted by US Court will also not be recognized by Indian Court. Ex-parte means , One party divorce.
- Since your marriage was solemnised as per Indian laws, it would be better that you get dissolved your marriage as per Indian laws.
- You should ask him to file a petition for Mutual divorce in India . It will not take long time to get decree from the court.
- Further, after executing POA in favour of any relative in India , Decree can be obtained as well.
Good luck and dont forget to rating Postively.