• Need Power of Attorney


Is there a reliable law service from India who takes payment online and that can help me create a general power of attorney for property related transactions?

Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from United States
Religion: Hindu
1. Any Indian lawyer would draft a POA to cater to the purpose for which it is required.

2. You may, if you desire, take the contact details of any lawyer present on this portal from the administrator of his portal and avail his services for the same. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can contact any lawyer on this site for said purpose 

2) furnish your detailed particulars   as to name of principal , address , name of holder of POA , his address etc 

3) make payment online  at time of furnishing instructions 

4) draft can be forwarded to you . approve the draft .

5) POA in Mahrashtra has to be on Rs 500 stamp paper . 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45473 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can contact any one of the advocate in the panel in Kaanoon and will help you to do the needful.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Any lawyer can draft a good POA after u furnish the required details like name, age, address of both the parties and the purpose for which the said POA is to be executed. Obtain the details of any advocate on this website. You can pay the advocate online.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
866 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. Yes, you are liberty to choose any advocate in this blog through contacting this blog admin.

B. You have to be mentioned, which types of Power of Attorney is required, i.e. General or Special Power of Attorney and for which purpose would you like to get the same.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
833 Answers
56 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is no dearth for law firms in the country to do any type of legal services to its clients.  You can verify their credentials by browsing their websites. 
If you would like to engage the services of any lawyer alone, you may look for the details from your reliable sources or through some social websites providing legal services at costs or at free of service. 
You can have a personal consultation with this lawyer too specifying your requirement and other details so that you may satisfy with the suggestions personally. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35638 Answers
386 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

For sale of properties, execute a Special Power of Attorney, wherein you mention specifically all the details of the property to be sold including the flow of title to the current owner. Mention clearly that the POA is given without any consideration on part of the Attorney holder or else now STAMP DUTY is payable as per market value of the property, on the POA. If POA is given to blood relatives, then stamp duty amount is Rs. 500.

In your case the power of attorney should be executed on a plain paper. No need to use a stamp paper. Ensure that you sign in front of the consul officer, put your left thumb impression and affix your photo, which is then stamped by the consular stamp and then the consul officer signs it. There should be a place where your wife/mother/father/brother is going to be sign, put Left thumb impression and his photo. This page should be left blank as your wife/mother/father/brother cannot sign before you have signed.

Once that is done, send the POA to india and have it adjudicated by the local stamp authority, who will affix the required stamps on it. The POA is then ready to be signed by your wife/mother/father/brother, after the adjudication is done.

Almost all financial institution insists on POA executed by NRI's to be compulsorily registered. In most of the states in India, POA's for sale powers have to be registered, not notarised. So it will make sense for you to register the POA. 

This is currently the correct procedure as per the latest amendments in the Stamp Duty law n registration rules. People do manage to use notarised POA to save time and money, but that is not the correct procedure.

Please note that it is NOW mandatory to have the POA registered specifically for property matters.
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2766 Answers
47 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There are 2 witness signatures required for attestation of Power of attorney. You can take these 2 witnesses to the Indian Embassy with you or decide to get their signatures and then visit embassy alone.Witnesses cannot go to Indian Consulate with you.
Documentary proof required for Attestation of Power of Attorney
1.	Original Passport + Copies of all non-blank pages including first and last page.
2.	Copy of Address proof in USA – 1 address proof is required. It could be bank statement, driving license, utility bill, Home lease agreement etc.
3.	Valid Visa copy – H1, H4, L1 etc – Remember B1/B2 is not considered valid for creating POA.
4.	Original visa petition approval notice.
5.	Original i94 + Copies – In case of electronic i94, just take the print-out with you.
6.	2 passport size photograph to be affixed against your name on POA.
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2766 Answers
47 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. I want to offer my services to create a GPA for property related transactions and ready to take payment online.
2. For my contact details, please contact the management of Kanoon.Com, who would give you my contact number.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1633 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer