• Payment not received

I am a printer and supplied 7000 books to my party. Now after delivered the materials. Party has raised some issues for some books. We have agreed to rectify and replace the bad ones. Now he neighther return the books nor paid my bill. We assume the no of bad quality books will be not more than 100 copies. Total amount of my bill is Rs. 80000.00 and he wants to pay Rs. 9000.00. what should I do
Asked 9 months ago in Civil Law from Kolkata, West Bengal

send a legal notice to him for the recovery of the amount at the earliest 

In my opinion if you have sufficient documental proof in this regard then you can serve a legal notice and then file a civil money recovery suit before the civil court for recovery of your money. 

Pl consult local lawyer. 

A legal notice should be sent to that person and in case they do not respond then file a case for recovery of money.

Rahul Mishra

Book a consultation from the website and then you can get a  better perspective and the lawyer will also better appreciate the controversy.

Rahul Mishra

You should serve him legal notice asking him to clear the entire dues, within 15 days of receipt.

Siddharth Jain

If he fails to do so, you can file a suit for recovery against him in civil court.

Siddharth Jain

you can file a recovery suit for your claim before civil court along with prayer ton return your books or payment.

Give him a legal notice for your amount demanding payment if he fails you need to file suit for recovery of amount along with interest till date of realisation.

You can contact advocate by opting option of consultation.

1) file summary suit to recover your outstanding dues with interest 

2) also claim costs 

immediately send him a legal notice and if payment not made within stipulated period file suit for recovery against the said person

Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Haryana

Go and meet him and click pictures, for evidence of bad ones, dont tell him that, just meet him anyhow polite, after getting evidences, you can sue him if necessary, ask this forum and they will connect you

Aveek Bose

Better serve them with a legal notice first and in case the payment is not made then go for a Recovery Suit.

Its merely a business transaction, and let it be handled in a proper manner only.

Netravathi Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru

You have to file a recovery suit with the Civil Court.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa

You first issue a legal demand notice demanding the bill amount for the good supplied to him on the basis of the invoice raised for the supplied products.

Let him give a reply after which if he is not complying with the demand made to your satisfaction, you may file a money recovery suit ion the basis of the documentary evidences in your possession.

.

You log into the desired website and look for the details you are looking for and get into touch with the person who you want to be in touch with.

Dear sir

You should file a criminal complaint against the buyer as he is doing fraud against you and it is also criminal breach of trust. So it would be better of you go for criminal remedy than civil remedy.

File a complaint under section 406/ 420 IPC

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak

First of all if you have an agreement /contract/ challan to this effect with the party you hv referred,  you hv every right to recover your money. you may opt for either the civil course or in a criminal course.

For Criminal course you hv to file a GDE before the local ps and then they will take the further action, on the other hand in civil course you may go for money suit to recover your money.

But first make sure to send a representation claiming your dues from the other party. 

Sandipan Pal
Advocate, Howrah