Legal heir in case of accidental death of entire wife family
While I was at my duty place in Bangalore, My father in law, mother in law and my wife( only kid) on leave while travelling from Chennai met with a fatal car fire accident in mid of 2018. The police closed the case on pretext on an accidental fire accident even though they initially suspected suicide because we were married only for few months ie 5 months and have no kids of our own.
In event of such simultaneous death, while I was away greaving the personal losses and inquiries, the father-in-law's brothers and sisters and mother of my mother in law have quickly filed a case seeking legal heir as they are the only heir in class 2 type as specified by them.
The property documents are in the sole name of my father in law without any mention of wife or daughter, secondly, the home loan also is only under his name without any CO applicant and nominee. Also, my father in law seems to have a few financial debts.
Since I feared to be engrossed in a legal battle I prefered to keep myself away from any property issue, but lately, I have come to know that they have sought legal heir in my name( of my wife) and are trying to frame the financial debts of my father in law on me.
Before I undertake any legal action I want to clarify the following
My questions are:-
1. In case of similar simultaneous death, what is the course of legal heir followed.?
2. As husband don’t I have a single share in my father in law property ?
3. Am I to pay any financial debts incl the loan as being son in law?
4. What is the clause in which I can be disqualified from been a legal heir, if applicable?
5. what is the legal course of action I should adopt?
Asked 12 days ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka