• Girl friend is under house arrest by her parents

I'm a HINDU boy and my girl friend she is MUSLIM, we both are an adults. She spoke to her parents about me but they said no and got her house arrest .. Kindly advice what can I do on this.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Other
You may certainly file a police complaint, but it may not produce the desired result as police will have its own inhibitions in entering her parental house when no complaint is being made by her. You should rather move the Bombay High Court and seek the release of your girl friend from captivity. In cases of this nature the intervention by HC/SC alone can help.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

is your girl friend interested in marrying you ? if she has been kept under house arrest file police complaint  against her parents . you can also move bombay high court and seek release of your girl friend from captivity
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46925 Answers
2776 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you  can lodge a police complaint and also seek assistance from "Womens' helpline".
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

best would be file writ in high court for  directing the SHO to produce the person who has been illegally detained  by her father
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Please be doubly sure that the girl is by your side and is loving you before acting in haste.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1655 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
if you are 100% sure that the girl is in your favour you can file an application under section 97 of Cr.P.C before SDM or DM or court for search warrant or you can file a writ petition before HC of your area.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4885 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

r u sure that she is  love with u that u file a complaint in police n u also filed a writ petition in high court
Deepak Rao
Advocate, Delhi
15 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer