• Marriage

Dear sir/madam,
i had an affair with a boy since 2007. but now from last 6 months he is not talking to. we had physical relation in the past as a result i had an abortion. but i dont hav any proof as all the prescriptions are with him.
i want to marry him. my family members also likes him. i dont know why he is not loving me now. but i cant accept any one else  in my life.
is there any law that will help me to marry me??
THIS IS MY EMAIL ID- sasmitaa87barik@gmail.com
plz reply
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Religion: Hindu
you have an option to initiate criminal proceedings against him,you can file complaint to police station under section  493 and 376 IPC
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Hi, tried to convince him and there is no law which compel to marry some one, but one thing it is an offense under section 376 of the Indian penal code, if he does not agree for your marriage then you have to file police complaint against that person.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

did he have sex with you under promise of marriage? do you have any evidence of same ? if sex was by mutual consent and no promise of marriage was made no case lies . you cant force him to marry you
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46925 Answers
2776 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If he is not willing to marry you then you cannot force him to do so by moving a court of law. No court can force a person to marry some one against his wish. 

If he had sex with you by making a false promise to marry you, and has now retracted from the promise, then he may be prosecuted for the offence of rape if you have some evidence of him having made the promise.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

u may book a case  of rape under 376 IPC IF HE HAD SEX on pretex of marriage. that s how u may compell him to marry. for brief u may call
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Dear Querist
There is no law in India to force a person to marry another because marriage is a matter of amicably agreement/acceptance between the parties and not by force.
but if you want revenge then you can file a criminal complaint against him for false promise of marriage and Rape u/s 376/493 of IPC.
Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4885 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer