• Adoption of son

I have got divorce 12 years back and it was ex party. My husband does not pay us any maintenance. My son is now 13 years old and I have got remarried. We do not have any contact with my ex-husband for many years. My second husband want to legally adopt my son. Please let me know the procedure and whether the consent of my ex-husband is necessary.

Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
without consent of your ex husband you cannot give your son for adoption. obtain his consent and get deed of adoption prepared . have it duly registered .

Adoption is not possible without consent of biological father of your son. His consent is indispensable. If he consents then the adoption deed can be validly made and registered.

there can be no adoption without the consent of biological father.for adoption you will have to prepare adoption deed and get that registered,in which you will have to obtain consent of your ex-husband

he remains the biological father of son . hence you need his consent

on basis of adoption deed you can have change of name published in official gazette as well as local newspapers . school  will then change name in its records

for change of name  of your child's father u have get adoption deed registered with consent of your prior husband

It does not matter whether or not he discharged efficiently his moral and legal duties as a father. The underlying fact is that he is the biological father of your child. So his consent is required.

The name of father cannot be changed in school records without the adoption deed being made.

well advised by experts

Already advised
Fateh Chand Sharma