• Domestic violence

Sir, my wife had suited false case 2years ago against me in Sonipat. As this case is false,so she has not any evidence. I have no work. Few months before she produced a false visiting card that I run an institute which is totally lie and court passed an order to pay her 5000 per month from the date of starting the case. I don't have money and I have appealed it in session court. But my lawyer is forcing upon me to pay the amount.  My lawyer is saying that It is a compulsion to pay the amount. Please help me what to do?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
Change the lawyer and contact another lawyer personally with all documents
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Hi, one thing is that it is the duty of the husband to maintain his wife, it is immaterial whether you don't have any work or not........ but if you have any grievance against that order file an appeal for reduction of maintenance but from your narration it is not clear your wife has filed a case in Domestic Violence act or she filed any other case.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

as on date order stands . inorder to hear you on merits session court will direct you to pay arrears of maintenance first .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46891 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Pls keep in mind that you will have to pay maintenance even if you are not earning.at the most you can challenge that order  in superior court for reducing the amount.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Agree with Mr Ajay Sethi.
Fateh Chand Sharma
Advocate, Noida
86 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

u just appeal against that order in session court n show ur income n liabilties to the court then court will deffenately reduce the maintenance but u will have the to pay maintenance to ur wife.
Deepak Rao
Advocate, Delhi
15 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Your lawyer is bang on mark. Your appeal will not be heard unless you pay the amount ordered by the lower court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer