• Rental agreement

if the owner of the property is residing in delhi and the proposed tenet is in Ghaziabad(UP) and property is also in Ghaziabad can rent agreement of the same be executed and notorised in delhi .In case of any dispute with regards to timely payment of rent or eviction can the suit be initiated in delhi as the agreement is executed in delhi and the owner is residing in delhi
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Answer to first part of your query is Yes,but answer is No to second part.
Thanking you,
Subash M R
Advocate, Bangalore
176 Answers
8 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

since property is in ghaziabad  enter into rent agreement , register same in ghaziabad and also  institute suit for eviction in  ghaziabad .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Where the property is situated that court has the jurisdiction.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

all to be done in Ghaziabad as the property is in Ghaziabad.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

NO is the answer to both your queries.
The property is situated in Ghaziabad. Hence, the agreement should be made and the suit should be filed at Ghaziabad.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the rent agreement is for more than a year then it has to be registered and that will take place where the property is situated. Any civil suit in relation to any immovable property shall be instituted where property is located.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
568 Answers
169 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In UP, if the rent agreement is  for  6 months or more, it needs to be registered and suit if any for eviction, has to be filed at Ghaziabad only.
Fateh Chand Sharma
Advocate, Noida
86 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer