• Inter-caste marriage

I am Hindu & my girlfriend is muslim, and we are decide to get married. But we didn't tell to our parent. We decided that after 1-2 yrs tells to our parent that we have done marriage by court (Civil Marriage). I want to know is there legal problem that we can face?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
if both are adults you can get married . get married under provisions of Special marriage act . both can   retain their religion . disclose all facts to your parents . obtain their approval for the marriage
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If both of you have attained the age of majority then you may marry in the court in accordance with the provisions of Special Marriage Act. There is no legal hindrance in this.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Nothing left to add
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4916 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

there is no legal  issue in marriage of adults
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Hi, you can marry her according to the provisions of the Special Marriage Act.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4562 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Be bold and frankly speak to your parents. Law permits the adults to marry. Be careful, they may attack you.
Ranbir Singh Sharma
Advocate, Ghaziabad
15 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer