• Inter-caste marriage

I am Hindu & my girlfriend is muslim, and we are decide to get married. But we didn't tell to our parent. We decided that after 1-2 yrs tells to our parent that we have done marriage by court (Civil Marriage). I want to know is there legal problem that we can face?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
if both are adults you can get married . get married under provisions of Special marriage act . both can   retain their religion . disclose all facts to your parents . obtain their approval for the marriage

If both of you have attained the age of majority then you may marry in the court in accordance with the provisions of Special Marriage Act. There is no legal hindrance in this.

Nothing left to add

there is no legal  issue in marriage of adults

Hi, you can marry her according to the provisions of the Special Marriage Act.

Be bold and frankly speak to your parents. Law permits the adults to marry. Be careful, they may attack you.
Ranbir Singh Sharma
Advocate, Ghaziabad