• Guidance for separation

Respected sir,
my husband has relations with other girl (wife of his late brother).  After many efforts to make my wedding successful now i give up and wanted to take divorce from him. now i m at my parental home from 2 months we are not in communication. i want to know that how can i take a step to get rid of this relation.?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
Dear Querist
You can file a divorce petition with his consent u/s 13 B of Hindu marriage act for mutual consent divorce before district court.
feel free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

contact a local lawyer . get in touch with your husband . whether he is willing for divorce by mutual consent or not . if he dosent agree you can file for divorce on grounds of adultery
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45573 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If your husband is willing to end the marriage then both of you may jointly apply for divorce on the basis of consent. If he is not willing to go for a joint divorce then you may apply for divorce on the grounds of adultery.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

dear client, if your husband ready for mutual consent divorce then go for it otherwise u can opt for divorce on grounds of adultry & mentle cruelity
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Two months time is not much. Try to reconcile with your husband to save your marriage.  If it does not work go for divorce by mutual consent since proving adultery would be very difficult.
Fateh Chand Sharma
Advocate, Noida
86 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

kindly tell me far how long have you being married.getting rid of relation is not a difficult task provided both of you decides for that.Contesting divorce on ground of adultery and cruelty is a time taking game and may take 3-4 years.It is always better to dissolve the marriage mutually.There are lots of other method  which you can adopt before going for divorce
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

File the divorce petition mentioning the true facts of adultery.
Ranbir Singh Sharma
Advocate, Ghaziabad
15 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

u just do one thing talk with ur husband what will he want if he want to save marriage then reconcile ur marriage if he wont then u ask to him why we not filed mutual divorce if he dont agreee with that then after that u filed divorce u/s 13 hma n mention the facts of adultary
Deepak Rao
Advocate, Delhi
15 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer