• Register on matrimony websites before divorce

I got married in 2011 i tried all the ways in this world to live with my wife but she did not respond. Now i have filed  divorce in Dec 2014. And the case is before court.  My doubt and question is can i register in any matrimony site stating that i have applied for divorce as i am 42 yrs old i thought i can utilise the trial period.  Please guide me
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from chennai, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
Yes, you can there is no restriction for create profile on matrimonial site.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) you have applied for divorce but you have not yet got a divorce decree 

2) if your wife is contesting for divorce it would take you around 5 years to get a divorce .

3) only in cases of mutual consent divorce you get divorce decree in 6 months 

4) register on matrimonial site if you so desire but dont suppress any facts
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46867 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You are free to register yourself on any matrimonial site. No criminality can be imputed to you unless and until you suppress the true facts.

2. If you suppress the facts then you will be liable to prosecution for cheating.

3. The above being said, it would be wise for you to wait till your wife files her reply.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. What is the hurry? In any case you can not marry unless and until you get divorced.
2 Even if you subscribe for such website you will fructify any proposal if the divorce does not happen.
3. if you want to mingle with members of opposite sex then join in any social networking websites.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13174 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can register your name in matrimonial site but you can't marry second marriage unless you get the divorce from the first wife.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. Yes, you can advertise in matrimonial sites for your next marriage clearly mentioning that you have filed the divorce case and will marry only after getting the decree of divorce from the Court,

2. You should also be informed that genarally divorce suit takes around 4/5 years to be disposed of and if you are caught having any illicit relationship with anybody during the pendency of your divorce suit, then your wife can bring a charge of adultery against you which is punishable by jail terms.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18806 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) You can advertise in the matrimonial site provided you reveal in the advertisement all about the current status of your marriage and the divorce you have filed for.

2) It would be advisable not to advertise as this would affect the divorce proceedings as this would be cited as one of the reasons  to challenge the divorce itself. 

3) So advertise only after you get divorce.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2264 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


 1. it is advisable  not  to  advertise  before you  reach the final stage of divorce, as this can be also brought before the notice of the court by the opposite party and it can go against your case.

2. If you are thinking about independent divorce, it will take a  few years , so advertise only after you are sure about it. During the divorce period in case your advertisement is responded and if you are in a courtship and it is noticed by your wife  , your whole case can be ruined.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
139 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer