• Updates to Property Schedule

Hi, I have a property in Bangalore which was allotted by BDA. There is a minor issue with the titles. The plot number behind my property is wrongly mentioned as 1384 instead of 1382 in the titles. How much would it cost to correct this and how long would the process take. Note that the property was purchased from a original allottee from BDA and I am the second owner.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from United States
1) Deed of Rectification can be executed by seller to rectify the mistakes 

2) it would attract nominal stamp duty and should not take more than  a week . 

3) contact a local lawyer
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44428 Answers
2582 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Where did the error occur?

2. Was it in the allotment letter issued by BDA or in the sale deed executed and registered by the 1st allottee in favour of you?

3. If there is an error in the sale deed, then get a Rectification Deed registered,

4. Ther register will levy nominal stamp duty which you can enquire from him,

5. It may be over even on the date of presentation.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18164 Answers
439 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is no error to say the least in the matter of effecting your title.
However if you feel like correcting it , then go for a deed of rectification which attracts negligible stamp duty.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12562 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Does the error reflect in the conveyance deed made in favour of the original allottee, or in the sale deed which the original allottee made in your favour?

2. If the error reflects in the sale deed then a rectification deed executed by the seller in your favour will suffice.

3. Stamp duty will have to be paid according to the prevailing rate.

4. If the property number is wrongly mentioned in the title deed the property cannot be identified.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) If there is an error in the Registered Title Deed and if it was just a typographic error that crept in the seller can get the correction incorporated by means of executing a Rectification Deed.

2) This will have to be done at the Registrar's office and the fee will be nominal as you have already paid stamp duty when the Sale Deed was registered.The registration fee will be applicable.You can get the Deed registered in a day or two.

3) Once the Rectification Deed is registered, this will form part of the existing Sale Deed . In other words you will have to have the document attached to the Sale Deed.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2233 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, seller has to execute Rectification deed in favour of the the purchaser to rectify the mistakes and i think nominal fee of Rupees 2,000/-  may charge (i am not sure but not more than this amount).
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4535 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Title deed is not perfect it always a head ache. The wrongly mentioned plot no behind your property is a mistake, so executing a rectification deed is the remedy. It would attract nominal stamp duty
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2758 Answers
44 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. In your case, deed of rectification is the remedy and this deed can be executed without time limit.

B. Usually, nominal charges will be collected from the sub registrar office. But you need to bring the notice to the BDA by sending RPAD.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
831 Answers
55 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer