• Divorce

My friend is living separate with her husband since 6 year. so it is necessary to take divorce if she want to marry me.?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from manish.panndey@gmail.com, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
Yes, unless she can get a divorce..........    you will be in trouble, it is better contact local advocate.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4562 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

marriage during subsistence of earlier marriage is illegal . without obtaining divorce the lady cant marry you . ask her to file for divorce from her husband by mutual consent
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47914 Answers
2844 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

dear client, if u want to marry her & creat a legally valid relationship it is necessary first she get divorce from her husband. otherwise your marriage will not be legal. u can also be prosecuted for the offence of adultry. for brief u can call me
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Get divorce,otherwise your intended marriage with your friend would be null and void.
Thanking you,
Subash M R
Advocate, Bangalore
176 Answers
8 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

I think you got sufficient advise as above.However, change of religion can be assessed.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Unless she is divorced from her husband she cannot marry you.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

divorce is mandatory
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4916 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer