• Divorce matter

Whether divorce should be applied by the boy side or girl side or both. How much time it will take to get a divorce.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
better go in for divorce by mutual consent . it is faster . you can get divorce within a year . contested divorces take years to be disposed of
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, any one can apply for divorce and divorce can also applied by mutual consent of both the party and time, if it is contested it will take time and how many days or years we can't say and if is mutual consent it will take 6 months from the date of filling application before the court.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

If both the spouses are ready for divorce then mutual interests of both of them will be subserved if they together file for joint divorce. A joint divorce case will be decided within a year as opposed to contested divorce which could linger on for more than a year.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

in your case it is better for u to file divorce by mutual consent which will be decided after six months time
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Either of the spouses can file the divorce petition individually. In such case other spouse can contest and oppose the divorce. It may take for years before it get decided.

Instead both the spouses can file Mutual consent divorce under Sec. 13 b of Hindu Marriage Act. Under this both the parties agree to part ways on mutually agreed terms and same is informed to the court. Court will hear you after six months from the date of your application and send you for mediation, at that time also if both the spouses are not ready to reconcile the differences court will be informed about the same by the mediator and accordingly court will pass Decree of Divorce. This also called no contest divorce. This is the easiest and best way of obtaining divorce.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
116 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Divorce petition can be filed by the boy side or girl side, in case is not a mutual one.On the other hand, by both, if it is a mutual consent one. The time period would be always less in the case of mutual/consent divorce,but the former is always lengthy out of practical experience.  
Thanking you,
Subash M R
Advocate, Bangalore
176 Answers
8 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

If both parties are agreeable the Mutual consent divorce through joint petition is better and faster which will finish in 6 months and an absolute order. Whereas the independent individual petition are  certainly time consuming as they are fights against each other and each side will drag the matter to their interests. If you have a thought of divorce it is advisable to talk to your spouse and go for a mutual consent divorce.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Divorce by mutual consent is better. hassle free and risk less
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer