• Plea against bail

Hi ,

If I challenge bail granted by lower court in high Court do I have to get my own lawyer or a public prosecutor is appointed ?
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

7 answers received in 1 day.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

1) if state is challenging bail order public prosecutor would appear in court on behalf of state

2) if you are challenging bail order your lawyer will appear

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are the one who will be challenging the bail, so you will not get the services of the PP. You have to engage your own lawyer.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Concerned,

As you are challenging the bail i.e you are filing cancellation of bail granted to some one , you would need to hire your own lawyer.

Best Of Luck... Stay Blessed.

Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1309 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

according to the amendment made in the crpc in year 2013, victim has right to engage a lawyer of his choice at any stage of the proceeding even in appeal and revision.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You have to appoint your own lawyer. Public Procecuter will represent Police/ Defacto Complainant.

Lakshmi Kanth
Advocate, Hyderabad
446 Answers
15 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

No, you have to engage your own lawyer though the PP would also stand in support of the lower court order.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, State may challenge the same, but granting and rejecting the bail is discretionary of the Court and you have nothing to with that.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5607 Answers
336 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer