• Car parking in flat

I have a flat which I bought in 2013 with one car parking. 

Now I am getting another "link car park" (meaning two connected card parks), from a seller in the complex. I have been told by builder to get the original allocation letter and complete an MOU with the seller to reflect the sale of the parking.

Can I get the template of MOU which will cover me and what issues do you see with this exchange.
1.One should never go for template more son in the case of an immovable property.
2. There are hundred types of MOU available depending upon the nature of transaction.
3. It is strongly recommended that you contact with a lawyer personally with all papers and get a customised MOU drafted through him.
4.In your case you have to get agreement for sale executed and not MOU.

1) please take note that builder has no powers to sell car parking slots . 

2) car parking slots forms part of common areas and cannot be sold by builder .

3) once society is formed you will face problems in respect of car parking slots sold to you by the builder . 

4) dont purchase car parking slot from seller 

5) if you want to proceed with the purchase contact a local lawyer and get agreement for purchase of slot drfated by him .

for your requirement of MOU or sale agreement contact a local advocate or call me if you need advice and proceed do not take templates of conveyance deeds.

1. Information furnished are inadequate to advise properly,

2. Is there any Society formed and registered by the flat owners of the complex where you said flat situates?

3. If yes, then the builder can not sell any parking space of that complex,

4. Moreover, there will be no MOU but sale deed if you purchase any space, if legally allowed by the Society,

5. It is also to be noted that once you have purchased a property in a Society, you can not purchase another property in your same name in the same society,

6. Contact a local lawyer to thoroughly verify the documents & bye laws of the Society.

Hi, it is better contact an advocate personally.

A. As per the Supreme Court Judgement, the builder cannot sell car parking slot because of it's a common area as rightly pointed out by learned counsel Mr. Ajay Sethi.

B. Contact local advocate for more clarification.

1. Car parking slots are a part of the common area which cannot be sold by the builder.

2. After the formation of society you may be embroiled in litigation initiated by any other flat owner. 

3. The ownership will pass to you only after the sale deed has been made in your favour.

4. Do not go for copy paste templates from the internet as they are mockingly rejected by the courts. Get the agreement drafted by a lawyer.

once building has completed and ownership transferred by the builder to flats owner then society of the building is the authority to manage common area like park, swimming pool, gym, auditorium, parking atc. parking comes under common area of the building and builder has no right to sell it. contact to society and read its bylaws. society is take decision after general meeting to allot additional parking place. 
don't buy parking place from builder.