• I feel cheated

I am a guy aged 27 yrs, loved a girl (presently aged 25) truly from past 8 years.
She too is a awesome girl, loves me a lot still but the problem is we belong to different religion and the girl's parents are not in agreement to this. I convinced my parents and they accepted this and even went to the girl's house to speak but the girl's parents refused. I have done a lot to the girl emotionally, financially in fact sacrificed a lot, professionally as well. Now the situation is such that the girl doesn't want to marry against her parents wish. I feel cheated and my life is ruined. I want to fight this out legally now as it is a do or die situation for me. Advice please.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
Legally every individual, if adult has right to decide and select the best course of option in life, which is guaranteed in our Constitution. There is not much you can do if the girl has decided not to go ahead for the marriage.
Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

my advice to you would be to forget her and move on in life . since the girl dosent want to marry you against her parents wishes you cant force her to marry you . do not take any step in haste . 
you have been in relation ship for 8 years and you love her and we can understand the sense of hurt you must be feeling after being rejected by girl parents . 

it is advisable for you to consult a psychiatrist .it will help you in dealing with feelings of being rejected and betrayed . 

as far as madras high court judgement is concerned it needs reconsideration . merely indulging in consensual sex does not amount to marriage . sexual relation ship is not sole criteria to label couple as married
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46890 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

nothing left to add
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

There is no legal remedy you can pursue against either your beloved or her parents. Unless and until she agrees to marry you there is no assistance you can invoke from a court of law. It is possible that she may still be in love with you, but has been forced by her parents to abandon her relationship with you. She has to come out of her closet and hold your hand. Once she does that the courts will come to your rescue.  

The Mardas High Court ruling that you have referred was given in respect of some specific questions of law, and is not applicable to your case.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If she is not consented for marriage, you cant marry her..........consent is essential...........here is only emotional feelings not legal right.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

u need some medical aid instead of legal help
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer